Jun 13, 2014, 2:43 PM EST
The Binghamton Senators and Syracuse Crunch of the American Hockey League are taking upcoming training camps overseas.
The Senators announced Friday they will hold camp in Lyon, France, and will play the Crunch, as well as the LHC Lions in a three-game pre-season tournament, beginning Oct. 2.
The Crunch already has a season-long partnership with the LHC, which competes in the Magnus League, the top tier in France, according to the Senators.
“The opportunity to hold our training camp in France is one that we’re looking forward to for a number of different reasons,” said Senators general manager Randy Lee in a statement.
“With three games in just over a week, the schedule provides more than sufficient time for both competition and the chance to experience French culture, while also offering some unique team-building opportunities for the group.”
The players seem excited about the trip, too.
“We won’t know anybody. We’ll be forced to be with each other. Cheese-tasting together, take selfies with the Eiffel Tower,” Crunch defenseman Joey Mormina told the Post-Standard in Syracuse.
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 0
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 74
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 2
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 20
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 16
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 30
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 24
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (76)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)