Jun 13, 2014, 2:43 PM EDT
The Binghamton Senators and Syracuse Crunch of the American Hockey League are taking upcoming training camps overseas.
The Senators announced Friday they will hold camp in Lyon, France, and will play the Crunch, as well as the LHC Lions in a three-game pre-season tournament, beginning Oct. 2.
The Crunch already has a season-long partnership with the LHC, which competes in the Magnus League, the top tier in France, according to the Senators.
“The opportunity to hold our training camp in France is one that we’re looking forward to for a number of different reasons,” said Senators general manager Randy Lee in a statement.
“With three games in just over a week, the schedule provides more than sufficient time for both competition and the chance to experience French culture, while also offering some unique team-building opportunities for the group.”
The players seem excited about the trip, too.
“We won’t know anybody. We’ll be forced to be with each other. Cheese-tasting together, take selfies with the Eiffel Tower,” Crunch defenseman Joey Mormina told the Post-Standard in Syracuse.
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 7
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 22
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 7
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 13
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 21
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22