Jun 13, 2014, 2:43 PM EDT
The Binghamton Senators and Syracuse Crunch of the American Hockey League are taking upcoming training camps overseas.
The Senators announced Friday they will hold camp in Lyon, France, and will play the Crunch, as well as the LHC Lions in a three-game pre-season tournament, beginning Oct. 2.
The Crunch already has a season-long partnership with the LHC, which competes in the Magnus League, the top tier in France, according to the Senators.
“The opportunity to hold our training camp in France is one that we’re looking forward to for a number of different reasons,” said Senators general manager Randy Lee in a statement.
“With three games in just over a week, the schedule provides more than sufficient time for both competition and the chance to experience French culture, while also offering some unique team-building opportunities for the group.”
The players seem excited about the trip, too.
“We won’t know anybody. We’ll be forced to be with each other. Cheese-tasting together, take selfies with the Eiffel Tower,” Crunch defenseman Joey Mormina told the Post-Standard in Syracuse.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 0
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 10
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 40
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 45
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38