Jun 12, 2014, 10:04 AM EDT
When Eddie Olczyk used to play hockey used to play in the NHL, he loved analyzing video during gamedays to breakdown what he and his opponents had been doing recently.
That’s obviously far from a novel idea, but the key to that is to see the whole play rather than focus on the puck. So much of what happens in a hockey game, from the effort players put in to their ability to position themselves properly, can be lost if you narrow your field of vision.
Olczyk and Don La Greca explained that in more detail, as you can see below:
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 12
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 23
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 25
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 25
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 19
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 55
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 49
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6