Jun 12, 2014, 1:32 PM EDT
By now you know Jason Spezza‘s future will have him playing somewhere other than Ottawa next season. Where will he go? He’ll have a say in that to a degree.
Renaud Lavoie of TVA Sports reports Spezza has given Senators GM Bryan Murray a list of 10 teams he won’t accept a trade to. Spezza has a modified no-movement clause in his contract that allows him to do that. As for who the 10 teams are, feel free to make your guesses.
It was reported on Wednesday Spezza asked the team to trade him and made it concrete that he was going to be moved. Rumors he would be traded started early in Ottawa’s offseason. Now that he’s got a list of teams he won’t accept a trade, it’s just a matter of time before the two part ways.
Spezza has played for the Senators his entire 11-year career. He was the second overall pick of the Sens in the 2001 draft. This will make the second consecutive summer a Senators captain will depart the team. Daniel Alfredsson did the same last summer via free agency. You may have heard a little bit about that.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 115
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 81
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (115)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (40)