Jun 12, 2014, 1:32 PM EST
By now you know Jason Spezza‘s future will have him playing somewhere other than Ottawa next season. Where will he go? He’ll have a say in that to a degree.
Renaud Lavoie of TVA Sports reports Spezza has given Senators GM Bryan Murray a list of 10 teams he won’t accept a trade to. Spezza has a modified no-movement clause in his contract that allows him to do that. As for who the 10 teams are, feel free to make your guesses.
It was reported on Wednesday Spezza asked the team to trade him and made it concrete that he was going to be moved. Rumors he would be traded started early in Ottawa’s offseason. Now that he’s got a list of teams he won’t accept a trade, it’s just a matter of time before the two part ways.
Spezza has played for the Senators his entire 11-year career. He was the second overall pick of the Sens in the 2001 draft. This will make the second consecutive summer a Senators captain will depart the team. Daniel Alfredsson did the same last summer via free agency. You may have heard a little bit about that.
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 2
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 2
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 1
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (46)