Jun 12, 2014, 1:32 PM EDT
By now you know Jason Spezza‘s future will have him playing somewhere other than Ottawa next season. Where will he go? He’ll have a say in that to a degree.
Renaud Lavoie of TVA Sports reports Spezza has given Senators GM Bryan Murray a list of 10 teams he won’t accept a trade to. Spezza has a modified no-movement clause in his contract that allows him to do that. As for who the 10 teams are, feel free to make your guesses.
It was reported on Wednesday Spezza asked the team to trade him and made it concrete that he was going to be moved. Rumors he would be traded started early in Ottawa’s offseason. Now that he’s got a list of teams he won’t accept a trade, it’s just a matter of time before the two part ways.
Spezza has played for the Senators his entire 11-year career. He was the second overall pick of the Sens in the 2001 draft. This will make the second consecutive summer a Senators captain will depart the team. Daniel Alfredsson did the same last summer via free agency. You may have heard a little bit about that.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 10
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 10
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 21
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 23
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 73
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)