Jun 12, 2014, 1:32 PM EST
By now you know Jason Spezza‘s future will have him playing somewhere other than Ottawa next season. Where will he go? He’ll have a say in that to a degree.
Renaud Lavoie of TVA Sports reports Spezza has given Senators GM Bryan Murray a list of 10 teams he won’t accept a trade to. Spezza has a modified no-movement clause in his contract that allows him to do that. As for who the 10 teams are, feel free to make your guesses.
It was reported on Wednesday Spezza asked the team to trade him and made it concrete that he was going to be moved. Rumors he would be traded started early in Ottawa’s offseason. Now that he’s got a list of teams he won’t accept a trade, it’s just a matter of time before the two part ways.
Spezza has played for the Senators his entire 11-year career. He was the second overall pick of the Sens in the 2001 draft. This will make the second consecutive summer a Senators captain will depart the team. Daniel Alfredsson did the same last summer via free agency. You may have heard a little bit about that.
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 4
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 2
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 15
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 33
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 15
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46