Jun 12, 2014, 12:50 PM EDT
Just one year after being bought out by the Tampa Bay Lightning and inked to a five-year, $22.5 million contract with the Philadelphia Flyers, Vincent Lecavalier could find himself on the move again, per TSN.
That’s hardly shocking after the year he had with Philadelphia, which culminated in him averaging just 10:41 minutes per game in the playoffs.
He has a no-movement clause though and while Flyers GM Ron Hextall has reportedly already talked to his agent, Kent Hughes, about the possibility of trading him, it remains to be seen if Lecavalier will veto any potential trade.
There might be a bigger road block though: the market for him, or more specifically if there even is one. It might sound silly to assume that there aren’t teams that would jump through hoops to get him, but he’s 34 years old now and hasn’t recorded more than 54 points in any of his last four campaigns.
Injuries have played a role in that, but given his age and recent history, it seems entirely possible that he will continue to deal with health problems going forward. Combine that with the fact that he has four seasons left on his contract and it starts to become clear why Philadelphia might not want him and why other teams might decide to pass as well.
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 5
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 4
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 23
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 35
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 4
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 12
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 63
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 34
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)