Jun 12, 2014, 12:50 PM EDT
Just one year after being bought out by the Tampa Bay Lightning and inked to a five-year, $22.5 million contract with the Philadelphia Flyers, Vincent Lecavalier could find himself on the move again, per TSN.
That’s hardly shocking after the year he had with Philadelphia, which culminated in him averaging just 10:41 minutes per game in the playoffs.
He has a no-movement clause though and while Flyers GM Ron Hextall has reportedly already talked to his agent, Kent Hughes, about the possibility of trading him, it remains to be seen if Lecavalier will veto any potential trade.
There might be a bigger road block though: the market for him, or more specifically if there even is one. It might sound silly to assume that there aren’t teams that would jump through hoops to get him, but he’s 34 years old now and hasn’t recorded more than 54 points in any of his last four campaigns.
Injuries have played a role in that, but given his age and recent history, it seems entirely possible that he will continue to deal with health problems going forward. Combine that with the fact that he has four seasons left on his contract and it starts to become clear why Philadelphia might not want him and why other teams might decide to pass as well.
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 19
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 30
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 26
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)