Jun 12, 2014, 12:50 PM EDT
Just one year after being bought out by the Tampa Bay Lightning and inked to a five-year, $22.5 million contract with the Philadelphia Flyers, Vincent Lecavalier could find himself on the move again, per TSN.
That’s hardly shocking after the year he had with Philadelphia, which culminated in him averaging just 10:41 minutes per game in the playoffs.
He has a no-movement clause though and while Flyers GM Ron Hextall has reportedly already talked to his agent, Kent Hughes, about the possibility of trading him, it remains to be seen if Lecavalier will veto any potential trade.
There might be a bigger road block though: the market for him, or more specifically if there even is one. It might sound silly to assume that there aren’t teams that would jump through hoops to get him, but he’s 34 years old now and hasn’t recorded more than 54 points in any of his last four campaigns.
Injuries have played a role in that, but given his age and recent history, it seems entirely possible that he will continue to deal with health problems going forward. Combine that with the fact that he has four seasons left on his contract and it starts to become clear why Philadelphia might not want him and why other teams might decide to pass as well.
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 12
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 18
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 7
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 28
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 78
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 52
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)