Jun 12, 2014, 10:25 PM EDT
The New York Rangers looked down, finished for good a few days ago, and their mood reflected that. They still have a long way to go if they’re to complete a historic comeback in the Stanley Cup Final against the L.A. Kings.
The ebb and flow of the daily grind in the post-season can be like that. On Tuesday, the Rangers woke up to find themselves one loss away from being swept in the championship series, even if they easily could’ve won the first two games back in L.A.
WATCH GAME 5: Friday, 8 p.m. ET, NBC
And New York will find itself one loss away from a second-place finish the rest of the way from here.
But a win on Wednesday gave them a little life. They now trail the Kings 3-1 in the series and need the biggest four-game winning streak in franchise history in order to claim the silver chalice.
Daunting. Likely impossible in the end. But the Rangers don’t seem interested in hearing that, as the series shifts back to L.A. on Friday. They have one win, now they’re searching for two. It’s something. It’s a chance.
“The day after being down 3-0 is a tough day. When you think about it, collect your thoughts, go through everything we’ve gone through this year, you know, it started a long time ago,” said Rangers forward Brad Richards to reporters.
“It’s nice to be given another chance. That’s all we wanted to do last night. It wasn’t the prettiest game, but we’re still here today.
If you go this long, you just keep fighting somehow, some way. You figure it out as a group to just fight another day. That’s what we’re trying to do.”
Sep 2, 2015, 11:30 PM EDT
Bakersfield and Stockton will play in West Sacramento, Calif. on Dec. 18.
Sep 2, 2015, 10:00 PM EDT
As many as five teams are reportedly interested in acquiring the 26-year-old.
Sep 2, 2015, 8:45 PM EDT
He was expecting a two or three year contract.
Sep 2, 2015, 5:00 PM EDT
The 26-year-old refuted an Ilta-Sanomat story.
Sep 2, 2015, 3:35 PM EDT
The 23-year-old appeared in 38 games with Chicago last season.
Sep 2, 2015, 1:57 PM EDT
“I’m a realist. If nothing happens, that’s the way it is.”
Sep 2, 2015, 12:34 PM EDT
Can he beat out Cam Talbot and Ben Scrivens?
Sep 2, 2015, 12:05 PM EDT
“I know that it’s not just me that feels I can be a lot better and be the player that I know I’m going to be and I want to be.”
Sep 2, 2015, 11:47 AM EDT
Another diamond in the rough?
Sep 2, 2015, 10:59 AM EDT
He also wanted them to get swept in the opening playoff round against Nashville, apparently.
Sep 2, 2015, 9:54 AM EDT
After missing most of last season with a back injury.
Sep 2, 2015, 9:00 AM EDT
It will be raised before the home opener on Oct. 10.
Sep 2, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT
Wednesday’s collection of links.
Sep 1, 2015, 10:11 PM EDT
They were near the bottom of the league in that regard last season.
Sep 1, 2015, 9:03 PM EDT
“The way he offered his house to me shows what kind of person he is.”
Sep 1, 2015, 7:33 PM EDT
They had strong attendance numbers last season too.
Sep 1, 2015, 6:04 PM EDT
The Blues have a vacancy with Patrik Berglund out for at least four months.
Sep 1, 2015, 5:05 PM EDT
A few players have leapfrogged Steven Stamkos.
Sep 1, 2015, 3:35 PM EDT
He played through the injury in 2014-15.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 30
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 114
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 81
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (114)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (39)