Jun 12, 2014, 5:18 PM EST
If you’ve been wondering about how New Jersey Devils prospect defenseman Adam Larsson is doing, he’s up for a new contract this summer.
After spending parts of the past two seasons in the AHL with the Albany Devils, there were questions as to whether he would head back to Sweden.
As it turns out, he’s still eager to crack his way into the Devils’ top six as his agent J.P. Barry shared with Tom Gulitti of Fire & Ice.
“We’re talking to Lou [Lamoriello] and just trying to figure out what his role would be for next year and what’s best for him developmentally,” Barry said. “I don’t know where that (the talk of him going to Sweden) came from.”
Larsson played in 26 games in New Jersey this season and had a goal and two assists. He fared a bit better in Albany with three goals and 16 assists in 33 games.
To say expectations are high for him is an understatement. He was the fourth overall selection in the 2011 draft by New Jersey and got a taste of success in his rookie year when the Devils made the Stanley Cup Final. Safe to say the Devils don’t want to see him going anywhere other than training camp in September.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 23
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 1
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 11
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 21
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 49
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)