Jun 12, 2014, 5:18 PM EDT
If you’ve been wondering about how New Jersey Devils prospect defenseman Adam Larsson is doing, he’s up for a new contract this summer.
After spending parts of the past two seasons in the AHL with the Albany Devils, there were questions as to whether he would head back to Sweden.
As it turns out, he’s still eager to crack his way into the Devils’ top six as his agent J.P. Barry shared with Tom Gulitti of Fire & Ice.
“We’re talking to Lou [Lamoriello] and just trying to figure out what his role would be for next year and what’s best for him developmentally,” Barry said. “I don’t know where that (the talk of him going to Sweden) came from.”
Larsson played in 26 games in New Jersey this season and had a goal and two assists. He fared a bit better in Albany with three goals and 16 assists in 33 games.
To say expectations are high for him is an understatement. He was the fourth overall selection in the 2011 draft by New Jersey and got a taste of success in his rookie year when the Devils made the Stanley Cup Final. Safe to say the Devils don’t want to see him going anywhere other than training camp in September.
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- The King is back: Lundqvist starts for Rangers Saturday 7
- Five big games to watch this weekend 7
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 16
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 58
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)