Jun 12, 2014, 5:18 PM EDT
If you’ve been wondering about how New Jersey Devils prospect defenseman Adam Larsson is doing, he’s up for a new contract this summer.
After spending parts of the past two seasons in the AHL with the Albany Devils, there were questions as to whether he would head back to Sweden.
As it turns out, he’s still eager to crack his way into the Devils’ top six as his agent J.P. Barry shared with Tom Gulitti of Fire & Ice.
“We’re talking to Lou [Lamoriello] and just trying to figure out what his role would be for next year and what’s best for him developmentally,” Barry said. “I don’t know where that (the talk of him going to Sweden) came from.”
Larsson played in 26 games in New Jersey this season and had a goal and two assists. He fared a bit better in Albany with three goals and 16 assists in 33 games.
To say expectations are high for him is an understatement. He was the fourth overall selection in the 2011 draft by New Jersey and got a taste of success in his rookie year when the Devils made the Stanley Cup Final. Safe to say the Devils don’t want to see him going anywhere other than training camp in September.
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 4
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 9
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 3
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 22
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 10
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 18
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 38
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 12
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)