Jun 12, 2014, 5:18 PM EDT
If you’ve been wondering about how New Jersey Devils prospect defenseman Adam Larsson is doing, he’s up for a new contract this summer.
After spending parts of the past two seasons in the AHL with the Albany Devils, there were questions as to whether he would head back to Sweden.
As it turns out, he’s still eager to crack his way into the Devils’ top six as his agent J.P. Barry shared with Tom Gulitti of Fire & Ice.
“We’re talking to Lou [Lamoriello] and just trying to figure out what his role would be for next year and what’s best for him developmentally,” Barry said. “I don’t know where that (the talk of him going to Sweden) came from.”
Larsson played in 26 games in New Jersey this season and had a goal and two assists. He fared a bit better in Albany with three goals and 16 assists in 33 games.
To say expectations are high for him is an understatement. He was the fourth overall selection in the 2011 draft by New Jersey and got a taste of success in his rookie year when the Devils made the Stanley Cup Final. Safe to say the Devils don’t want to see him going anywhere other than training camp in September.
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 0
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 14
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 13
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 51
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (173)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)