Jun 11, 2014, 12:46 PM EDT
NEW YORK — His six-game suspension for abuse of an official over, and with his team needing a victory to stay alive in its series versus the Los Angeles Kings, Rangers forward Dan Carcillo isn’t sure if he’ll draw back into the lineup tonight in Game 4 of the Stanley Cup Final.
If Carcillo does return, he’s hoping to provide a “little boost and some energy” to a lineup that could sure use it. The rambunctious 29-year-old scored twice in the first round versus Philadelphia, once in Game 3 and once in Game 7.
New York coach Alain Vigneault refused to share his lineup this morning, but did say this about Carcillo: “He would bring what he’s brought to us all year long: his real good energy. He’s been in these situations before. He’s been a good player for us. If we do use him tonight, I’m sure he’s going to be ready.”
Vigneault added: “Sometimes you can shuffle the deck with the lineup you have, or sometimes you bring new players into the lineup to hope that they can give you a spark.”
If Carcillo does play, Derek Dorsett could be the one to come out.
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 22
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 16
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 51
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 22
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39