Jun 11, 2014, 12:46 PM EST
NEW YORK — His six-game suspension for abuse of an official over, and with his team needing a victory to stay alive in its series versus the Los Angeles Kings, Rangers forward Dan Carcillo isn’t sure if he’ll draw back into the lineup tonight in Game 4 of the Stanley Cup Final.
If Carcillo does return, he’s hoping to provide a “little boost and some energy” to a lineup that could sure use it. The rambunctious 29-year-old scored twice in the first round versus Philadelphia, once in Game 3 and once in Game 7.
New York coach Alain Vigneault refused to share his lineup this morning, but did say this about Carcillo: “He would bring what he’s brought to us all year long: his real good energy. He’s been in these situations before. He’s been a good player for us. If we do use him tonight, I’m sure he’s going to be ready.”
Vigneault added: “Sometimes you can shuffle the deck with the lineup you have, or sometimes you bring new players into the lineup to hope that they can give you a spark.”
If Carcillo does play, Derek Dorsett could be the one to come out.
- Byfuglien out 2-4 weeks with upper-body injury; Little hurt, too 9
- Bettman concedes there are ‘some members of the NHL family who would like to see fewer shootouts’ 45
- Season over: Avs lose MacKinnon to broken foot 19
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 19
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 36
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 15
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 21
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32