Jun 11, 2014, 12:46 PM EDT
NEW YORK — His six-game suspension for abuse of an official over, and with his team needing a victory to stay alive in its series versus the Los Angeles Kings, Rangers forward Dan Carcillo isn’t sure if he’ll draw back into the lineup tonight in Game 4 of the Stanley Cup Final.
If Carcillo does return, he’s hoping to provide a “little boost and some energy” to a lineup that could sure use it. The rambunctious 29-year-old scored twice in the first round versus Philadelphia, once in Game 3 and once in Game 7.
New York coach Alain Vigneault refused to share his lineup this morning, but did say this about Carcillo: “He would bring what he’s brought to us all year long: his real good energy. He’s been in these situations before. He’s been a good player for us. If we do use him tonight, I’m sure he’s going to be ready.”
Vigneault added: “Sometimes you can shuffle the deck with the lineup you have, or sometimes you bring new players into the lineup to hope that they can give you a spark.”
If Carcillo does play, Derek Dorsett could be the one to come out.
- Here’s latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 1
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 7
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 15
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 64
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 60
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)