Jun 11, 2014, 12:46 PM EDT
NEW YORK — His six-game suspension for abuse of an official over, and with his team needing a victory to stay alive in its series versus the Los Angeles Kings, Rangers forward Dan Carcillo isn’t sure if he’ll draw back into the lineup tonight in Game 4 of the Stanley Cup Final.
If Carcillo does return, he’s hoping to provide a “little boost and some energy” to a lineup that could sure use it. The rambunctious 29-year-old scored twice in the first round versus Philadelphia, once in Game 3 and once in Game 7.
New York coach Alain Vigneault refused to share his lineup this morning, but did say this about Carcillo: “He would bring what he’s brought to us all year long: his real good energy. He’s been in these situations before. He’s been a good player for us. If we do use him tonight, I’m sure he’s going to be ready.”
Vigneault added: “Sometimes you can shuffle the deck with the lineup you have, or sometimes you bring new players into the lineup to hope that they can give you a spark.”
If Carcillo does play, Derek Dorsett could be the one to come out.
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 0
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 23
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (56)