Jun 11, 2014, 12:46 PM EDT
NEW YORK — His six-game suspension for abuse of an official over, and with his team needing a victory to stay alive in its series versus the Los Angeles Kings, Rangers forward Dan Carcillo isn’t sure if he’ll draw back into the lineup tonight in Game 4 of the Stanley Cup Final.
If Carcillo does return, he’s hoping to provide a “little boost and some energy” to a lineup that could sure use it. The rambunctious 29-year-old scored twice in the first round versus Philadelphia, once in Game 3 and once in Game 7.
New York coach Alain Vigneault refused to share his lineup this morning, but did say this about Carcillo: “He would bring what he’s brought to us all year long: his real good energy. He’s been in these situations before. He’s been a good player for us. If we do use him tonight, I’m sure he’s going to be ready.”
Vigneault added: “Sometimes you can shuffle the deck with the lineup you have, or sometimes you bring new players into the lineup to hope that they can give you a spark.”
If Carcillo does play, Derek Dorsett could be the one to come out.
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 65
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (65)
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process (50)
- Editorial rips Flames’ request for ‘ludicrous amount of taxpayer support’ to build arena (45)
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? (32)
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT (31)