Jun 10, 2014, 4:52 PM EST
With their team down 3-0 in the Stanley Cup Final, it seems New York Rangers fans aren’t so desperate to get into Madison Square Garden for Wednesday’s Game 4 versus the Los Angeles Kings.
From ticket search engine SeatGeek:
The average price on the secondary market so far today is $904, down 40% from an average of $1,525 just yesterday and down 53% from an average of $1,937 per ticket this time last week (prior to the start of the series). The get-in price is now at $432 for Game 4, which is below face value for the 400-level seats at MSG ($484.45, fees included, is the lowest face value for the Stanley Cup Finals games at the Garden). This time yesterday, the get-in price for Game 4 was more than double what it is now at $919 per ticket, and it was at $1,089 a week ago.
To put these Game 4 numbers in further context, tickets for Game 3 last night went for an average of $1,558 on the secondary market after all was said and done. That made it the most expensive Stanley Cup Finals game since Game 7 of Canucks-Bruins in Vancouver in 2011, which drew an average ticket price of $1,928.
If the Rangers end up winning Wednesday, the cheapest price for Game 5 on Friday in Los Angeles is, right now, $730.
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 24
- Mike Richards clears waivers 29
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 13
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 54
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 33
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)