Jun 10, 2014, 4:52 PM EDT
With their team down 3-0 in the Stanley Cup Final, it seems New York Rangers fans aren’t so desperate to get into Madison Square Garden for Wednesday’s Game 4 versus the Los Angeles Kings.
From ticket search engine SeatGeek:
The average price on the secondary market so far today is $904, down 40% from an average of $1,525 just yesterday and down 53% from an average of $1,937 per ticket this time last week (prior to the start of the series). The get-in price is now at $432 for Game 4, which is below face value for the 400-level seats at MSG ($484.45, fees included, is the lowest face value for the Stanley Cup Finals games at the Garden). This time yesterday, the get-in price for Game 4 was more than double what it is now at $919 per ticket, and it was at $1,089 a week ago.
To put these Game 4 numbers in further context, tickets for Game 3 last night went for an average of $1,558 on the secondary market after all was said and done. That made it the most expensive Stanley Cup Finals game since Game 7 of Canucks-Bruins in Vancouver in 2011, which drew an average ticket price of $1,928.
If the Rangers end up winning Wednesday, the cheapest price for Game 5 on Friday in Los Angeles is, right now, $730.
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 6
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 51
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 24
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 18
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 14
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 4
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)