Jun 10, 2014, 4:52 PM EDT
With their team down 3-0 in the Stanley Cup Final, it seems New York Rangers fans aren’t so desperate to get into Madison Square Garden for Wednesday’s Game 4 versus the Los Angeles Kings.
From ticket search engine SeatGeek:
The average price on the secondary market so far today is $904, down 40% from an average of $1,525 just yesterday and down 53% from an average of $1,937 per ticket this time last week (prior to the start of the series). The get-in price is now at $432 for Game 4, which is below face value for the 400-level seats at MSG ($484.45, fees included, is the lowest face value for the Stanley Cup Finals games at the Garden). This time yesterday, the get-in price for Game 4 was more than double what it is now at $919 per ticket, and it was at $1,089 a week ago.
To put these Game 4 numbers in further context, tickets for Game 3 last night went for an average of $1,558 on the secondary market after all was said and done. That made it the most expensive Stanley Cup Finals game since Game 7 of Canucks-Bruins in Vancouver in 2011, which drew an average ticket price of $1,928.
If the Rangers end up winning Wednesday, the cheapest price for Game 5 on Friday in Los Angeles is, right now, $730.
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 9
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 14
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 4
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 23
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 75
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 51
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (88)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)