Jun 10, 2014, 4:52 PM EST
With their team down 3-0 in the Stanley Cup Final, it seems New York Rangers fans aren’t so desperate to get into Madison Square Garden for Wednesday’s Game 4 versus the Los Angeles Kings.
From ticket search engine SeatGeek:
The average price on the secondary market so far today is $904, down 40% from an average of $1,525 just yesterday and down 53% from an average of $1,937 per ticket this time last week (prior to the start of the series). The get-in price is now at $432 for Game 4, which is below face value for the 400-level seats at MSG ($484.45, fees included, is the lowest face value for the Stanley Cup Finals games at the Garden). This time yesterday, the get-in price for Game 4 was more than double what it is now at $919 per ticket, and it was at $1,089 a week ago.
To put these Game 4 numbers in further context, tickets for Game 3 last night went for an average of $1,558 on the secondary market after all was said and done. That made it the most expensive Stanley Cup Finals game since Game 7 of Canucks-Bruins in Vancouver in 2011, which drew an average ticket price of $1,928.
If the Rangers end up winning Wednesday, the cheapest price for Game 5 on Friday in Los Angeles is, right now, $730.
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 6
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 3
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 30
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 3
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 7
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 14
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)