Jun 10, 2014, 6:18 PM EST
Right when you think the San Jose Sharks’ first round collapse to the Los Angeles Kings couldn’t possibly come with worse news, it does.
Sharks GM Doug Wilson announced star center Logan Couture would be ready for the start of training camp after undergoing surgery for a broken hand. When did he hurt it? Wilson spilled the details in a statement released by the team.
“Last week, Logan underwent successful surgery to repair a hand injury suffered in a fight in Game Six of the Stanley Cup Playoffs against Mike Richards. The procedure went as expected and Logan will be ready for the start of training camp.”
According to HockeyFights.com, 63 percent of voters said Couture won that fight so it wasn’t totally in vain. Of course, the Sharks blew a 3-0 series lead to the Kings and lost in seven games. L.A. is now one win away from their second Stanley Cup in three seasons.
Coincidentally enough, Couture said he’d never be able to get over losing that series after being up 3-0. Having a broken hand to deal with because of it probably didn’t help his mindset.
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 13
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 10
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 5
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 31
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11