Jun 10, 2014, 6:18 PM EDT
Right when you think the San Jose Sharks’ first round collapse to the Los Angeles Kings couldn’t possibly come with worse news, it does.
Sharks GM Doug Wilson announced star center Logan Couture would be ready for the start of training camp after undergoing surgery for a broken hand. When did he hurt it? Wilson spilled the details in a statement released by the team.
“Last week, Logan underwent successful surgery to repair a hand injury suffered in a fight in Game Six of the Stanley Cup Playoffs against Mike Richards. The procedure went as expected and Logan will be ready for the start of training camp.”
According to HockeyFights.com, 63 percent of voters said Couture won that fight so it wasn’t totally in vain. Of course, the Sharks blew a 3-0 series lead to the Kings and lost in seven games. L.A. is now one win away from their second Stanley Cup in three seasons.
Coincidentally enough, Couture said he’d never be able to get over losing that series after being up 3-0. Having a broken hand to deal with because of it probably didn’t help his mindset.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 29
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 87
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 49
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 14
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (88)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)