Jun 10, 2014, 2:11 PM EDT
At this point, the odds are heavily stacked against the New York Rangers. They haven’t proven yet that they can seal the deal against the Los Angeles Kings when they have a two-goal lead and now they have to beat them four times in a row.
At a time like this, it’s important for the New York Rangers to look at the bright side. And what is that at this point? Well, the fact that they even have a game scheduled for June 11th is a good start.
It’s an opportunity that doesn’t come often. Richards and St. Louis made it to the Cup Final in 2004 and they had to fight for another decade before they could get back. And making it this far twice in their careers makes them two of the lucky ones.
The fact is, the Rangers might as well fight into the bitter end, not just because that’s what they’re supposed to do or because that’s how they got this far in the first place, but because every player on the roster realizes that, even down 3-0 in the series, they might not get a better chance at winning the Stanley Cup than they have right now.
The Rangers certainly have been the better team at times, but not nearly often enough. Rangers coach Alain Vigneault was asked what they could do differently and he bluntly said “score,” but that won’t be enough.
The Kings have found different ways to beat them and along the way, they have furthered their reputation as the most resilient team in this year’s postseason. The Rangers have to take that title from them because nothing short of that will be sufficient.
SportsDash: Anson Carter takes a look at what went wrong for the Rangers in Game 3
May 26, 2015, 1:13 AM EDT
Monday’s tough loss hasn’t weakened his resolve.
May 26, 2015, 12:21 AM EDT
Matt Beleskey scored the game winner after initially losing his second line spot.
May 26, 2015, 12:03 AM EDT
Chicago was trailing for most of the game.
May 25, 2015, 11:10 PM EDT
It was a reversal from the first frame.
May 25, 2015, 10:57 PM EDT
Maple Leafs prospect Frederik Gauthier had a big game too.
May 25, 2015, 10:11 PM EDT
The first period was all Anaheim.
May 25, 2015, 9:42 PM EDT
The Ducks got off to an ideal start.
May 25, 2015, 9:17 PM EDT
Emerson Etem is a healthy scratch.
May 25, 2015, 8:29 PM EDT
He needed to keep his wrist frozen to play.
May 25, 2015, 7:25 PM EDT
He was linked to Nashville’s playoff curfew incident.
May 25, 2015, 6:30 PM EDT
The series is tied at 2-2.
May 25, 2015, 5:43 PM EDT
There’s going to be a fight for the No. 1 gig in Detroit.
May 25, 2015, 4:41 PM EDT
Reports out of Swift Current, Saskatchewan.
May 25, 2015, 4:32 PM EDT
May 25, 2015, 3:58 PM EDT
They’re expected to speak again before July 1.
May 25, 2015, 3:31 PM EDT
“One bounce here or there, it’s a different story.”
May 25, 2015, 2:10 PM EDT
Made his NHL debut last season, appearing in 16 games.
May 25, 2015, 2:05 PM EDT
He’s eligible to sign an extension this summer.
May 25, 2015, 12:54 PM EDT
“Everyone involved with the ZSC Lions is so excited about seeing him play in Zurich.”
May 25, 2015, 12:44 PM EDT
This won’t quell the Kevin Bieksa trade speculation.
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 13
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 2
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 3
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 26
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 17
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 75
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)