Jun 10, 2014, 8:05 PM EST
The Los Angeles Kings are just a win away from their second Stanley Cup in three years and defenseman Drew Doughty would like the game to happen as soon as humanly possible.
Jon Rosen of L.A. Kings Insider shares Doughty’s excited state of mind the day before Game 4 takes place at Madison Square Garden. To say he’s champing at the bit would be an understatement.
“I can’t wait to get out there,” Doughty said. “It kind of sucks that the game is at 8:00, waiting around during the day. You just want to get out there. You don’t want to get overanxious at the same time. But it’s fun to play in these types of games. When the pressure’s at a high, you just want to go out there, play your best as a team, win games. Yeah, I just can’t wait to get out there, get warmups over there, drop the first puck.”
The last time the Kings were in this position to win the Stanley Cup in a sweep they dropped Games 4 and 5 to the New Jersey Devils before clinching the series on home ice in Game 6. That situation is something coach Darryl Sutter said has proven to be a lesson learned for this year’s team. We’ll see about that tomorrow night with Doughty likely frothing at the mouth to get started.
- Pat Quinn, ‘one of hockey’s most respected individuals,’ has died 7
- NHL on NBCSN: Bruins seek perfect game vs. Penguins 4
- Legendary hockey coach Viktor Tikhonov has died 10
- Canucks’ Hamhuis placed on IR 3
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 31
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 17
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 99
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 5
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 8
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 16
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)