Jun 10, 2014, 8:05 PM EDT
The Los Angeles Kings are just a win away from their second Stanley Cup in three years and defenseman Drew Doughty would like the game to happen as soon as humanly possible.
Jon Rosen of L.A. Kings Insider shares Doughty’s excited state of mind the day before Game 4 takes place at Madison Square Garden. To say he’s champing at the bit would be an understatement.
“I can’t wait to get out there,” Doughty said. “It kind of sucks that the game is at 8:00, waiting around during the day. You just want to get out there. You don’t want to get overanxious at the same time. But it’s fun to play in these types of games. When the pressure’s at a high, you just want to go out there, play your best as a team, win games. Yeah, I just can’t wait to get out there, get warmups over there, drop the first puck.”
The last time the Kings were in this position to win the Stanley Cup in a sweep they dropped Games 4 and 5 to the New Jersey Devils before clinching the series on home ice in Game 6. That situation is something coach Darryl Sutter said has proven to be a lesson learned for this year’s team. We’ll see about that tomorrow night with Doughty likely frothing at the mouth to get started.
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 45
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 24
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 11
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)