Jun 10, 2014, 8:05 PM EDT
The Los Angeles Kings are just a win away from their second Stanley Cup in three years and defenseman Drew Doughty would like the game to happen as soon as humanly possible.
Jon Rosen of L.A. Kings Insider shares Doughty’s excited state of mind the day before Game 4 takes place at Madison Square Garden. To say he’s champing at the bit would be an understatement.
“I can’t wait to get out there,” Doughty said. “It kind of sucks that the game is at 8:00, waiting around during the day. You just want to get out there. You don’t want to get overanxious at the same time. But it’s fun to play in these types of games. When the pressure’s at a high, you just want to go out there, play your best as a team, win games. Yeah, I just can’t wait to get out there, get warmups over there, drop the first puck.”
The last time the Kings were in this position to win the Stanley Cup in a sweep they dropped Games 4 and 5 to the New Jersey Devils before clinching the series on home ice in Game 6. That situation is something coach Darryl Sutter said has proven to be a lesson learned for this year’s team. We’ll see about that tomorrow night with Doughty likely frothing at the mouth to get started.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 12
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 38
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)