Jun 9, 2014, 9:02 AM EDT
The Los Angeles Kings’ road to the Stanley Cup Final is well known by now. After winning three Game 7s on the way to their date with the New York Rangers, you’d be wise to wonder if they’re getting tired.
After going up 2-0 in the series and winning both games in overtime, the Kings say fatigue isn’t a problem for them as Jon Rosen of L.A. Kings Insider shared.
“I think the longer series go, the longer the playoffs go, courage, determination, extra effort [are factors],” Darryl Sutter said. “You’re never going to feel fresh. You’re never going to feel as good as you did in November. That’s the way it works. That’s for sure. They’re people.”
In short, both teams are feeling it at this point and after spending Sunday flying across the country to prepare for tonight’s Game 3, maximizing that rest is an important part of the game people may not think about right away.
Kings winger Justin Williams said the flight from L.A. to New York was what players used to max out on sleep. Hopefully they put a terrible movie on to make sure everyone caught some Z’s.
At the very least, “jet lag” can be eliminated as an excuse for poor play in Game 3. At this point in the season, everyone’s a little tired.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 10
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 10
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 21
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 23
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 73
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)