Jun 9, 2014, 9:02 AM EDT
The Los Angeles Kings’ road to the Stanley Cup Final is well known by now. After winning three Game 7s on the way to their date with the New York Rangers, you’d be wise to wonder if they’re getting tired.
After going up 2-0 in the series and winning both games in overtime, the Kings say fatigue isn’t a problem for them as Jon Rosen of L.A. Kings Insider shared.
“I think the longer series go, the longer the playoffs go, courage, determination, extra effort [are factors],” Darryl Sutter said. “You’re never going to feel fresh. You’re never going to feel as good as you did in November. That’s the way it works. That’s for sure. They’re people.”
In short, both teams are feeling it at this point and after spending Sunday flying across the country to prepare for tonight’s Game 3, maximizing that rest is an important part of the game people may not think about right away.
Kings winger Justin Williams said the flight from L.A. to New York was what players used to max out on sleep. Hopefully they put a terrible movie on to make sure everyone caught some Z’s.
At the very least, “jet lag” can be eliminated as an excuse for poor play in Game 3. At this point in the season, everyone’s a little tired.
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 9
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 26
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 42
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 38
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 69
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)