Jun 9, 2014, 9:02 AM EDT
The Los Angeles Kings’ road to the Stanley Cup Final is well known by now. After winning three Game 7s on the way to their date with the New York Rangers, you’d be wise to wonder if they’re getting tired.
After going up 2-0 in the series and winning both games in overtime, the Kings say fatigue isn’t a problem for them as Jon Rosen of L.A. Kings Insider shared.
“I think the longer series go, the longer the playoffs go, courage, determination, extra effort [are factors],” Darryl Sutter said. “You’re never going to feel fresh. You’re never going to feel as good as you did in November. That’s the way it works. That’s for sure. They’re people.”
In short, both teams are feeling it at this point and after spending Sunday flying across the country to prepare for tonight’s Game 3, maximizing that rest is an important part of the game people may not think about right away.
Kings winger Justin Williams said the flight from L.A. to New York was what players used to max out on sleep. Hopefully they put a terrible movie on to make sure everyone caught some Z’s.
At the very least, “jet lag” can be eliminated as an excuse for poor play in Game 3. At this point in the season, everyone’s a little tired.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 117
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 81
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (117)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (40)