Jun 9, 2014, 9:02 AM EDT
The Los Angeles Kings’ road to the Stanley Cup Final is well known by now. After winning three Game 7s on the way to their date with the New York Rangers, you’d be wise to wonder if they’re getting tired.
After going up 2-0 in the series and winning both games in overtime, the Kings say fatigue isn’t a problem for them as Jon Rosen of L.A. Kings Insider shared.
“I think the longer series go, the longer the playoffs go, courage, determination, extra effort [are factors],” Darryl Sutter said. “You’re never going to feel fresh. You’re never going to feel as good as you did in November. That’s the way it works. That’s for sure. They’re people.”
In short, both teams are feeling it at this point and after spending Sunday flying across the country to prepare for tonight’s Game 3, maximizing that rest is an important part of the game people may not think about right away.
Kings winger Justin Williams said the flight from L.A. to New York was what players used to max out on sleep. Hopefully they put a terrible movie on to make sure everyone caught some Z’s.
At the very least, “jet lag” can be eliminated as an excuse for poor play in Game 3. At this point in the season, everyone’s a little tired.
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 1
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 7
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 32
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)