Jun 9, 2014, 9:02 AM EDT
The Los Angeles Kings’ road to the Stanley Cup Final is well known by now. After winning three Game 7s on the way to their date with the New York Rangers, you’d be wise to wonder if they’re getting tired.
After going up 2-0 in the series and winning both games in overtime, the Kings say fatigue isn’t a problem for them as Jon Rosen of L.A. Kings Insider shared.
“I think the longer series go, the longer the playoffs go, courage, determination, extra effort [are factors],” Darryl Sutter said. “You’re never going to feel fresh. You’re never going to feel as good as you did in November. That’s the way it works. That’s for sure. They’re people.”
In short, both teams are feeling it at this point and after spending Sunday flying across the country to prepare for tonight’s Game 3, maximizing that rest is an important part of the game people may not think about right away.
Kings winger Justin Williams said the flight from L.A. to New York was what players used to max out on sleep. Hopefully they put a terrible movie on to make sure everyone caught some Z’s.
At the very least, “jet lag” can be eliminated as an excuse for poor play in Game 3. At this point in the season, everyone’s a little tired.
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 18
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 23
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)