Jun 9, 2014, 7:54 PM EDT
Twenty years after making headlines (and guarantees) during the New York Rangers’ memorable run to a Stanley Cup victory, Mark Messier can now just watch the action as a fan.
That doesn’t mean he isn’t watching the Rangers and Los Angeles Kings battle it out in the 2014 Stanley Cup Final without coming upon some interesting observations, however. He stopped by the NBCSN set before Game 3 to share some interesting insight on the series with excited Rangers fans in the background.
Here’s video of his appearance:
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 0
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 13
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 31
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 44
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 50
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 33
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 28
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 53
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 10