Jun 9, 2014, 7:35 PM EST
While the hockey world is fixated on the 2014 Stanley Cup Final, video game enthusiasts bask in the hype of the E3 2014. That event featured the unveiling of a trailer for “NHL 15,” EA Sports’ jump to the Xbox One and Playstation 4 in the latest iteration of the series.
Beyond the fantastic song and some dramatic staging, the biggest takeaway is just how smooth everything looks:
“NHL 15″ will release in North America on Sept. 9 and Europe on Sept. 14. Along with being on those next-generation consoles, the game will also release on Xbox 360 and Playstation 3. It will roll out some new features, including “authentic arenas.”
The game’s cover star will be unveiled at the 2014 NHL Awards.
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 4
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 9
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 24
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11