Jun 9, 2014, 7:35 PM EDT
While the hockey world is fixated on the 2014 Stanley Cup Final, video game enthusiasts bask in the hype of the E3 2014. That event featured the unveiling of a trailer for “NHL 15,” EA Sports’ jump to the Xbox One and Playstation 4 in the latest iteration of the series.
Beyond the fantastic song and some dramatic staging, the biggest takeaway is just how smooth everything looks:
“NHL 15” will release in North America on Sept. 9 and Europe on Sept. 14. Along with being on those next-generation consoles, the game will also release on Xbox 360 and Playstation 3. It will roll out some new features, including “authentic arenas.”
The game’s cover star will be unveiled at the 2014 NHL Awards.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 59
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5