Jun 9, 2014, 7:35 PM EDT
While the hockey world is fixated on the 2014 Stanley Cup Final, video game enthusiasts bask in the hype of the E3 2014. That event featured the unveiling of a trailer for “NHL 15,” EA Sports’ jump to the Xbox One and Playstation 4 in the latest iteration of the series.
Beyond the fantastic song and some dramatic staging, the biggest takeaway is just how smooth everything looks:
“NHL 15″ will release in North America on Sept. 9 and Europe on Sept. 14. Along with being on those next-generation consoles, the game will also release on Xbox 360 and Playstation 3. It will roll out some new features, including “authentic arenas.”
The game’s cover star will be unveiled at the 2014 NHL Awards.
- In praise of John Tavares 5
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 18
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 13
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 38
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 54
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31