Jun 9, 2014, 9:02 PM EST
Before the first period, Madison Square Garden featured the festive atmosphere you’d expect from the first Stanley Cup Final contest it’s hosted in 20 years. Heading into the first intermission, the crowd was rendered silent by an absolutely stunning Jeff Carter goal.
The Los Angeles Kings enter the middle frame with their first regulation lead as Carter scored with less than second left:
Can the New York Rangers bounce back from this deficit? They have two periods to score at least one goal. If this series’ first two contests are any indication, we could be in for plenty of other twists and turns.
- Cardiac Cats: Panthers win as Reimer, Leafs fade in third 8
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 7
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 7
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 75
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2