Jun 9, 2014, 12:05 PM EDT
It didn’t take long for Dan Bylsma to find a new job.
The former Pittsburgh head coach, who was fired by the Penguins just three days ago, will join the NHL Network as an analyst for Game 3 of the Stanley Cup Final, the league announced on Monday.
Bylsma will join NHL Network as a studio analyst for Game 3 of the 2014 Stanley Cup Final. NHL Network will broadcast live from New York at Chase Plaza outside Madison Square Garden, with extensive coverage of the Final.
Bylsma will join NHL Network’s team of hosts, analysts, and reporters on the ground in New York, including Kathryn Tappen, Steve Mears, EJ Hradek, Kevin Weekes, Mike Johnson, Marty Biron, Billy Jaffe, Barry Melrose, Jamal Mayers and Dave Strader.
NHL Network isn’t the only organization to go calling after Bylsma in the wake of his dismissal. Reports surfaced that two of the three teams with available coaching gigs have expressed an interest — Vancouver GM Jim Benning said as much last week, while Panthers GM Dale Tallon reportedly called Bylsma shortly after he was let go.
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 0
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 1
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 32
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)