Jun 9, 2014, 12:05 PM EDT
It didn’t take long for Dan Bylsma to find a new job.
The former Pittsburgh head coach, who was fired by the Penguins just three days ago, will join the NHL Network as an analyst for Game 3 of the Stanley Cup Final, the league announced on Monday.
Bylsma will join NHL Network as a studio analyst for Game 3 of the 2014 Stanley Cup Final. NHL Network will broadcast live from New York at Chase Plaza outside Madison Square Garden, with extensive coverage of the Final.
Bylsma will join NHL Network’s team of hosts, analysts, and reporters on the ground in New York, including Kathryn Tappen, Steve Mears, EJ Hradek, Kevin Weekes, Mike Johnson, Marty Biron, Billy Jaffe, Barry Melrose, Jamal Mayers and Dave Strader.
NHL Network isn’t the only organization to go calling after Bylsma in the wake of his dismissal. Reports surfaced that two of the three teams with available coaching gigs have expressed an interest — Vancouver GM Jim Benning said as much last week, while Panthers GM Dale Tallon reportedly called Bylsma shortly after he was let go.
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 3
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 16
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 7
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 23
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 14
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 51
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (173)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)