Jun 9, 2014, 12:05 PM EDT
It didn’t take long for Dan Bylsma to find a new job.
The former Pittsburgh head coach, who was fired by the Penguins just three days ago, will join the NHL Network as an analyst for Game 3 of the Stanley Cup Final, the league announced on Monday.
Bylsma will join NHL Network as a studio analyst for Game 3 of the 2014 Stanley Cup Final. NHL Network will broadcast live from New York at Chase Plaza outside Madison Square Garden, with extensive coverage of the Final.
Bylsma will join NHL Network’s team of hosts, analysts, and reporters on the ground in New York, including Kathryn Tappen, Steve Mears, EJ Hradek, Kevin Weekes, Mike Johnson, Marty Biron, Billy Jaffe, Barry Melrose, Jamal Mayers and Dave Strader.
NHL Network isn’t the only organization to go calling after Bylsma in the wake of his dismissal. Reports surfaced that two of the three teams with available coaching gigs have expressed an interest — Vancouver GM Jim Benning said as much last week, while Panthers GM Dale Tallon reportedly called Bylsma shortly after he was let go.
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 0
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 6
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 31
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 41
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 35
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 25