Jun 9, 2014, 12:05 PM EST
It didn’t take long for Dan Bylsma to find a new job.
The former Pittsburgh head coach, who was fired by the Penguins just three days ago, will join the NHL Network as an analyst for Game 3 of the Stanley Cup Final, the league announced on Monday.
Bylsma will join NHL Network as a studio analyst for Game 3 of the 2014 Stanley Cup Final. NHL Network will broadcast live from New York at Chase Plaza outside Madison Square Garden, with extensive coverage of the Final.
Bylsma will join NHL Network’s team of hosts, analysts, and reporters on the ground in New York, including Kathryn Tappen, Steve Mears, EJ Hradek, Kevin Weekes, Mike Johnson, Marty Biron, Billy Jaffe, Barry Melrose, Jamal Mayers and Dave Strader.
NHL Network isn’t the only organization to go calling after Bylsma in the wake of his dismissal. Reports surfaced that two of the three teams with available coaching gigs have expressed an interest — Vancouver GM Jim Benning said as much last week, while Panthers GM Dale Tallon reportedly called Bylsma shortly after he was let go.
- Cardiac Cats: Panthers win as Reimer, Leafs fade in third 8
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 7
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 7
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 75
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2