Jun 8, 2014, 9:09 AM EDT
After winning despite falling behind 2-0 in Game 1, the Los Angeles Kings talked about how they didn’t want to make a habit of putting themselves in those kinds of holes. However, they’ve been digging holes for themselves throughout the playoffs and so far it hasn’t cost them.
They found themselves down 2-0 again on Saturday and were trailing the New York Rangers for the vast majority of regulation time. However, Marian Gaborik managed to tie it at 7:36 of the third period and then Kings captain Dustin Brown scored the double-overtime winner to put the Kings ahead 2-0 in the Stanley Cup Final.
After the contest, Brown spoke to Pierre McGuire about the game-winning goal and the Kings ability to consistently rally when they fall behind:
If you missed Brown’s goal, here it is:
Jul 24, 2014, 1:20 PM EDT
Offensive d-man led all Colorado blueliners in goals last year, with 13.
Jul 24, 2014, 12:22 PM EDT
He’s likely to be the No. 3 goalie in New York this year.
Jul 24, 2014, 11:26 AM EDT
Former Colorado bench boss and Massachusetts native returns home.
Jul 24, 2014, 10:28 AM EDT
With the Wild and ‘Canes, respectively.
Jul 24, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
“Maybe it just wasn’t our time yet,” Patrick Roy said.
Jul 24, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
Thursday’s assortment of links.
Jul 23, 2014, 11:00 PM EDT
Makes sense for a franchise that frequently favors puck possession.
Jul 23, 2014, 10:00 PM EDT
Can the STAR system help reduce concussions?
Jul 23, 2014, 9:00 PM EDT
They’ll feature a “skating-only” ice crew next season.
Jul 23, 2014, 7:53 PM EDT
The crash happened on Monday, according to reports.
Jul 23, 2014, 7:20 PM EDT
Will their latest physics improvements make a big difference?
Jul 23, 2014, 5:50 PM EDT
Can they make a compromise by Friday?
Jul 23, 2014, 4:20 PM EDT
“We’ll see what happens. It’s a couple years away.”
Jul 23, 2014, 2:50 PM EDT
Jim Benning, making deals.
Jul 23, 2014, 1:45 PM EDT
“Any of the perceived animosity came from the outside.”
Jul 23, 2014, 12:57 PM EDT
His previously “yet-to-be-determined capacity” has been determined.
Jul 23, 2014, 12:41 PM EDT
“My style and build might be better against the bigger guys.”
Jul 23, 2014, 11:34 AM EDT
Won a couple of Stanley Cups with the Pittsburgh Penguins.
Jul 23, 2014, 10:48 AM EDT
Had seven goals with 21 assists last year for the Avs.
Jul 23, 2014, 10:23 AM EDT
The 23-year-old can now become an unrestricted free agent in the summer of 2016.
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 5
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 26
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 32
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 38
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 69
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)