Jun 8, 2014, 12:48 AM EST
“I don’t give a [expletive] about underdogs,” Boyle said. “That’s ridiculous. Give me a break. We’re not. We’re here, too. We’re a good team. And we can’t take any solace [in two close games] because we lost.
“We came here to win games. It doesn’t matter how the hell we do it, we have to win the game. If you don’t win the game you didn’t do what you came to do and that’s the worst feeling there is.”
Other Rangers put a more positive spin on Saturday’s 5-4 double-overtime loss to the Kings, yet Boyle’s refusal to sugarcoat the loss might just be the honest reaction. After all, it’s pretty difficult to recover from losing two straight postseason games in which you had 2-0 leads.
Still, the Rangers get a chance to “hold serve” in this series by turning things around at Madison Square Garden. It’s a quick turnaround with Game 3 on Monday, so it’s probably ideal that it seems like there was plenty of optimism mixed in with the dejection.
Either way, the Rangers don’t have a long time to linger on these losses. We’ll find out soon enough if that ends up being a positive thing.
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 11
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 82
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (68)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)