Jun 7, 2014, 2:06 PM EDT
It’s an important offseason for the Phoenix (soon-to-be Arizona) Coyotes.
After missing the playoffs the past two seasons, GM Don Maloney will have his hands full trying to help the team rebound and get back into the mix in a heavily competitive Pacific Division. As Sarah McLellan of AZCentral.com shares, Maloney is hoping for a couple forms of help this summer including a juicier budget.
“I need (a budget) now, not July 15, because it really does impact what we’re going to do,” Maloney said.
Coyotes owner Anthony LeBlanc said he thought they had a competitive budget last season and the league’s financial success should allow them to spend a little more, but they’re not going to be a salary cap team.
Maloney is also in search of a new Assistant GM following Brad Treliving’s departure to Calgary for their GM position. As Craig Morgan of Fox Sports Arizona shares, Maloney has one person in mind for the position but if they don’t accept he has a list of four or five other names to pursue.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 20
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 11
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 41
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 11
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)