Jun 7, 2014, 2:06 PM EDT
It’s an important offseason for the Phoenix (soon-to-be Arizona) Coyotes.
After missing the playoffs the past two seasons, GM Don Maloney will have his hands full trying to help the team rebound and get back into the mix in a heavily competitive Pacific Division. As Sarah McLellan of AZCentral.com shares, Maloney is hoping for a couple forms of help this summer including a juicier budget.
“I need (a budget) now, not July 15, because it really does impact what we’re going to do,” Maloney said.
Coyotes owner Anthony LeBlanc said he thought they had a competitive budget last season and the league’s financial success should allow them to spend a little more, but they’re not going to be a salary cap team.
Maloney is also in search of a new Assistant GM following Brad Treliving’s departure to Calgary for their GM position. As Craig Morgan of Fox Sports Arizona shares, Maloney has one person in mind for the position but if they don’t accept he has a list of four or five other names to pursue.
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 11
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 10
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 16
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 39
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 17
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)