Jun 7, 2014, 6:44 PM EDT
The New York Rangers and Los Angeles Kings played Game 1 as if they were fairly familiar rivals rather than conference opponents who rarely match up. Perhaps things will ramp up even more in Game 2 on Saturday?
The action airs on NBC and can also be streamed live via the link below.
New York has to be frustrated with letting a 2-0 lead slip away, yet they can still gain home ice-advantage by tying this series before sending it to Madison Square Garden. The Rangers showed flashes of early brilliance before losing their game, something they must avoid against an elite team.
Despite winning Game 1, the Kings weren’t totally happy with their efforts. Even so, they’d probably be in a good mood if they can hold serve in Los Angeles in this series’ first two contests.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 17
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5