Jun 7, 2014, 6:44 PM EST
The New York Rangers and Los Angeles Kings played Game 1 as if they were fairly familiar rivals rather than conference opponents who rarely match up. Perhaps things will ramp up even more in Game 2 on Saturday?
The action airs on NBC and can also be streamed live via the link below.
New York has to be frustrated with letting a 2-0 lead slip away, yet they can still gain home ice-advantage by tying this series before sending it to Madison Square Garden. The Rangers showed flashes of early brilliance before losing their game, something they must avoid against an elite team.
Despite winning Game 1, the Kings weren’t totally happy with their efforts. Even so, they’d probably be in a good mood if they can hold serve in Los Angeles in this series’ first two contests.
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 4
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 6
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 70
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap (71)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)