Jun 7, 2014, 6:44 PM EDT
The New York Rangers and Los Angeles Kings played Game 1 as if they were fairly familiar rivals rather than conference opponents who rarely match up. Perhaps things will ramp up even more in Game 2 on Saturday?
The action airs on NBC and can also be streamed live via the link below.
New York has to be frustrated with letting a 2-0 lead slip away, yet they can still gain home ice-advantage by tying this series before sending it to Madison Square Garden. The Rangers showed flashes of early brilliance before losing their game, something they must avoid against an elite team.
Despite winning Game 1, the Kings weren’t totally happy with their efforts. Even so, they’d probably be in a good mood if they can hold serve in Los Angeles in this series’ first two contests.
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 5
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 8
- Report: Flames requested a review of Engelland’s instigator 6
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 33
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 89
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 49
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (92)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)