Jun 7, 2014, 6:44 PM EDT
The New York Rangers and Los Angeles Kings played Game 1 as if they were fairly familiar rivals rather than conference opponents who rarely match up. Perhaps things will ramp up even more in Game 2 on Saturday?
The action airs on NBC and can also be streamed live via the link below.
New York has to be frustrated with letting a 2-0 lead slip away, yet they can still gain home ice-advantage by tying this series before sending it to Madison Square Garden. The Rangers showed flashes of early brilliance before losing their game, something they must avoid against an elite team.
Despite winning Game 1, the Kings weren’t totally happy with their efforts. Even so, they’d probably be in a good mood if they can hold serve in Los Angeles in this series’ first two contests.
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 22
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 24
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 11
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 74
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (74)
- Discuss: Avs beat B’s with last-second — literally! — goal (64)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Panthers set another record with low attendance (56)