Jun 7, 2014, 8:17 PM EDT
While Lundqvist thwarted the Los Angeles Kings on some big chances (at least when the Kings weren’t missing the net), McDonagh’s been all over the place.
Most noticeably, he gave the Rangers yet another 1-0 lead:
McDonagh bounced back after that, assisting on Mats Zuccarello‘s 2-0 tally (the first goal by a Norwegian-born player in a Stanley Cup Final contest):
This is the 15th time the Rangers have scored first in 22 playoff games. So far they’re 10-4 in those contests. McDonagh played a big role in making that happen.
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 4
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 12
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 14
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28