Jun 7, 2014, 7:30 PM EDT
Moore, 23, served a two-game suspension for a hit that concussed Montreal Canadiens forward Dale Weise. He’s been averaging 14:06 minutes per game in the postseason, generating one assist in those 17 postseason contests.
Despite Game 1 going to overtime, Diaz only received 10:15 time on ice. He only received two shifts in the third period, a clear indication that Alain Vigneault didn’t trust the 28-year-old blueliner in this situation.
It might be a subtle difference, yet Moore’s presence can help Vigneault ease up on other Rangers, particularly Ryan McDonagh (who logged more than 31 minutes in Game 1).
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 6
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34