Jun 7, 2014, 7:30 PM EDT
Moore, 23, served a two-game suspension for a hit that concussed Montreal Canadiens forward Dale Weise. He’s been averaging 14:06 minutes per game in the postseason, generating one assist in those 17 postseason contests.
Despite Game 1 going to overtime, Diaz only received 10:15 time on ice. He only received two shifts in the third period, a clear indication that Alain Vigneault didn’t trust the 28-year-old blueliner in this situation.
It might be a subtle difference, yet Moore’s presence can help Vigneault ease up on other Rangers, particularly Ryan McDonagh (who logged more than 31 minutes in Game 1).
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 0
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 9
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 8
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 44
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 47
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 35
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28