Jun 7, 2014, 7:30 PM EDT
Moore, 23, served a two-game suspension for a hit that concussed Montreal Canadiens forward Dale Weise. He’s been averaging 14:06 minutes per game in the postseason, generating one assist in those 17 postseason contests.
Despite Game 1 going to overtime, Diaz only received 10:15 time on ice. He only received two shifts in the third period, a clear indication that Alain Vigneault didn’t trust the 28-year-old blueliner in this situation.
It might be a subtle difference, yet Moore’s presence can help Vigneault ease up on other Rangers, particularly Ryan McDonagh (who logged more than 31 minutes in Game 1).
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 14
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 1
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 16
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13