Jun 7, 2014, 1:30 AM EST
John Moore has done his time. He’s now eligible to return to the New York Rangers lineup. Whether that happens Saturday against the L.A. Kings in Game 2 of the Stanley Cup Final remains to be seen at this point.
“I’m more than ready,” said Moore, as per Newsday. “It’s tough to watch, no matter what time of year. But the Stanley Cup Final, it doesn’t get any bigger than that. To not be out there, to be watching in the stands is a tough pill to swallow. But you make your bed, you’ve got to sleep in it.
“It’s unfortunate it happened. I don’t think it’s part of my game to be a reckless player. I’m not going to talk too much about that, but I’m certainly not going to see it affecting my game much.”
Rangers’ head coach Alain Vigneault didn’t tip his hand as to whether Moore would be back in the lineup Saturday.
Said the bench boss to reporters: “Like I’ve told you all along, I mean, I’m not going to discuss lineup. You watched practice today, so…”
Maybe he did tip his hand ever so slightly after all? Maybe not? We’ll see tomorrow.
Dec 29, 2014, 8:00 AM EST
Monday’s collection of links.
Dec 29, 2014, 12:40 AM EST
GM and interim bench boss Lou Lamoriello’s making it up as he goes along.
Dec 29, 2014, 12:09 AM EST
“I don’t even know anymore.”
Dec 28, 2014, 11:12 PM EST
Literally, in the case of Cam Fowler’s game-winning goal.
Dec 28, 2014, 10:03 PM EST
Winnipeg recalled Patrice Cormier in case the power forward can’t play.
Dec 28, 2014, 8:57 PM EST
Head coach Claude Julien has some choice words for his team.
Dec 28, 2014, 8:09 PM EST
Florida’s breathing down Toronto’s neck in the East standings.
Dec 28, 2014, 7:05 PM EST
There are some concussion concerns.
Dec 28, 2014, 6:25 PM EST
Reto Berra might not see much action going forward.
Dec 28, 2014, 5:30 PM EST
Has been out of St. Louis’ lineup since Nov. 25.
Dec 28, 2014, 5:00 PM EST
Playing for the first time since Nov. 4
Dec 28, 2014, 4:15 PM EST
Has missed three games with an upper body injury.
Dec 28, 2014, 3:30 PM EST
The forward will miss a few weeks with a lower body injury.
Dec 28, 2014, 2:45 PM EST
Recalled goaltender Christopher Gibson from AHL.
Dec 28, 2014, 2:00 PM EST
Kevin Poulin returned to Bridgeport.
Dec 28, 2014, 1:15 PM EST
Has missed the first 35 games of the season.
Dec 28, 2014, 12:30 PM EST
Boston’s Matt Fraser also on the waiver wire.
Dec 28, 2014, 12:00 PM EST
Anton Forsberg reassigned to Springfield.
Dec 28, 2014, 11:15 AM EST
Rasmus Ristolainen is sick.
Dec 28, 2014, 10:30 AM EST
The Dallas forward has been suspended three times in two seasons.
- Cardiac Cats: Panthers win as Reimer, Leafs fade in third 12
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 7
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 7
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 75
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2