Jun 7, 2014, 1:30 AM EDT
John Moore has done his time. He’s now eligible to return to the New York Rangers lineup. Whether that happens Saturday against the L.A. Kings in Game 2 of the Stanley Cup Final remains to be seen at this point.
“I’m more than ready,” said Moore, as per Newsday. “It’s tough to watch, no matter what time of year. But the Stanley Cup Final, it doesn’t get any bigger than that. To not be out there, to be watching in the stands is a tough pill to swallow. But you make your bed, you’ve got to sleep in it.
“It’s unfortunate it happened. I don’t think it’s part of my game to be a reckless player. I’m not going to talk too much about that, but I’m certainly not going to see it affecting my game much.”
Rangers’ head coach Alain Vigneault didn’t tip his hand as to whether Moore would be back in the lineup Saturday.
Said the bench boss to reporters: “Like I’ve told you all along, I mean, I’m not going to discuss lineup. You watched practice today, so…”
Maybe he did tip his hand ever so slightly after all? Maybe not? We’ll see tomorrow.
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 7
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 5
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 23
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)