Jun 7, 2014, 1:30 AM EST
John Moore has done his time. He’s now eligible to return to the New York Rangers lineup. Whether that happens Saturday against the L.A. Kings in Game 2 of the Stanley Cup Final remains to be seen at this point.
“I’m more than ready,” said Moore, as per Newsday. “It’s tough to watch, no matter what time of year. But the Stanley Cup Final, it doesn’t get any bigger than that. To not be out there, to be watching in the stands is a tough pill to swallow. But you make your bed, you’ve got to sleep in it.
“It’s unfortunate it happened. I don’t think it’s part of my game to be a reckless player. I’m not going to talk too much about that, but I’m certainly not going to see it affecting my game much.”
Rangers’ head coach Alain Vigneault didn’t tip his hand as to whether Moore would be back in the lineup Saturday.
Said the bench boss to reporters: “Like I’ve told you all along, I mean, I’m not going to discuss lineup. You watched practice today, so…”
Maybe he did tip his hand ever so slightly after all? Maybe not? We’ll see tomorrow.
- Devils fire DeBoer 5
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 1
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 8
- Canada tabs Fucale for WJC opener 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 9
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)