Jun 7, 2014, 1:30 AM EDT
John Moore has done his time. He’s now eligible to return to the New York Rangers lineup. Whether that happens Saturday against the L.A. Kings in Game 2 of the Stanley Cup Final remains to be seen at this point.
“I’m more than ready,” said Moore, as per Newsday. “It’s tough to watch, no matter what time of year. But the Stanley Cup Final, it doesn’t get any bigger than that. To not be out there, to be watching in the stands is a tough pill to swallow. But you make your bed, you’ve got to sleep in it.
“It’s unfortunate it happened. I don’t think it’s part of my game to be a reckless player. I’m not going to talk too much about that, but I’m certainly not going to see it affecting my game much.”
Rangers’ head coach Alain Vigneault didn’t tip his hand as to whether Moore would be back in the lineup Saturday.
Said the bench boss to reporters: “Like I’ve told you all along, I mean, I’m not going to discuss lineup. You watched practice today, so…”
Maybe he did tip his hand ever so slightly after all? Maybe not? We’ll see tomorrow.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 16
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 69
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)