Jun 7, 2014, 10:10 AM EST
It was a tough Game 1 for New York Rangers star Rick Nash. He wasn’t able to come up with a goal and couldn’t put home a couple of great chances early in the game.
Fear not Rangers fans, he knows all about it and he says he has to “finish some of those chances” when he has them in Game 2 as Rick Carpinello of USA Today shared.
“Just get to the inside, try to get some better opportunities, better chances,” Nash said. “I think our line has to establish more of a forecheck. I thought we had a good first period, had some chances. After that, we just had too many turnovers. We spent the second half of the game in our end, and me and Kreids (Chris Kreider), we have to be better in their end.”
The turnovers were a big factor for both teams in Game 1, but later in the game they were a killer for the Rangers as they weren’t able to get the offense going due to the Kings dominating the puck. But getting the shots and capitalizing on chances is the big thing for New York.
Kings goalie Jonathan Quick hasn’t been quite all-that in the postseason and the more rubber he sees, the better for the Rangers. If Nash’s line with Kreider and Derek Stepan can get it going, they’ll have a great opportunity to send the series to New York tied 1-1.
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 13
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 29
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 64
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 82
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)