Jun 7, 2014, 10:10 AM EDT
It was a tough Game 1 for New York Rangers star Rick Nash. He wasn’t able to come up with a goal and couldn’t put home a couple of great chances early in the game.
Fear not Rangers fans, he knows all about it and he says he has to “finish some of those chances” when he has them in Game 2 as Rick Carpinello of USA Today shared.
“Just get to the inside, try to get some better opportunities, better chances,” Nash said. “I think our line has to establish more of a forecheck. I thought we had a good first period, had some chances. After that, we just had too many turnovers. We spent the second half of the game in our end, and me and Kreids (Chris Kreider), we have to be better in their end.”
The turnovers were a big factor for both teams in Game 1, but later in the game they were a killer for the Rangers as they weren’t able to get the offense going due to the Kings dominating the puck. But getting the shots and capitalizing on chances is the big thing for New York.
Kings goalie Jonathan Quick hasn’t been quite all-that in the postseason and the more rubber he sees, the better for the Rangers. If Nash’s line with Kreider and Derek Stepan can get it going, they’ll have a great opportunity to send the series to New York tied 1-1.
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 3
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 10
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)