Jun 7, 2014, 10:10 AM EST
It was a tough Game 1 for New York Rangers star Rick Nash. He wasn’t able to come up with a goal and couldn’t put home a couple of great chances early in the game.
Fear not Rangers fans, he knows all about it and he says he has to “finish some of those chances” when he has them in Game 2 as Rick Carpinello of USA Today shared.
“Just get to the inside, try to get some better opportunities, better chances,” Nash said. “I think our line has to establish more of a forecheck. I thought we had a good first period, had some chances. After that, we just had too many turnovers. We spent the second half of the game in our end, and me and Kreids (Chris Kreider), we have to be better in their end.”
The turnovers were a big factor for both teams in Game 1, but later in the game they were a killer for the Rangers as they weren’t able to get the offense going due to the Kings dominating the puck. But getting the shots and capitalizing on chances is the big thing for New York.
Kings goalie Jonathan Quick hasn’t been quite all-that in the postseason and the more rubber he sees, the better for the Rangers. If Nash’s line with Kreider and Derek Stepan can get it going, they’ll have a great opportunity to send the series to New York tied 1-1.
- In praise of the Hamburglar 7
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 4
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 9
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 35
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 52
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (173)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)