Jun 7, 2014, 10:10 AM EDT
It was a tough Game 1 for New York Rangers star Rick Nash. He wasn’t able to come up with a goal and couldn’t put home a couple of great chances early in the game.
Fear not Rangers fans, he knows all about it and he says he has to “finish some of those chances” when he has them in Game 2 as Rick Carpinello of USA Today shared.
“Just get to the inside, try to get some better opportunities, better chances,” Nash said. “I think our line has to establish more of a forecheck. I thought we had a good first period, had some chances. After that, we just had too many turnovers. We spent the second half of the game in our end, and me and Kreids (Chris Kreider), we have to be better in their end.”
The turnovers were a big factor for both teams in Game 1, but later in the game they were a killer for the Rangers as they weren’t able to get the offense going due to the Kings dominating the puck. But getting the shots and capitalizing on chances is the big thing for New York.
Kings goalie Jonathan Quick hasn’t been quite all-that in the postseason and the more rubber he sees, the better for the Rangers. If Nash’s line with Kreider and Derek Stepan can get it going, they’ll have a great opportunity to send the series to New York tied 1-1.
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 23
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 46
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 20
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 85
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 18
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 42
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 15
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 13
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 47
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 5
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (87)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)