Jun 7, 2014, 10:10 AM EDT
It was a tough Game 1 for New York Rangers star Rick Nash. He wasn’t able to come up with a goal and couldn’t put home a couple of great chances early in the game.
Fear not Rangers fans, he knows all about it and he says he has to “finish some of those chances” when he has them in Game 2 as Rick Carpinello of USA Today shared.
“Just get to the inside, try to get some better opportunities, better chances,” Nash said. “I think our line has to establish more of a forecheck. I thought we had a good first period, had some chances. After that, we just had too many turnovers. We spent the second half of the game in our end, and me and Kreids (Chris Kreider), we have to be better in their end.”
The turnovers were a big factor for both teams in Game 1, but later in the game they were a killer for the Rangers as they weren’t able to get the offense going due to the Kings dominating the puck. But getting the shots and capitalizing on chances is the big thing for New York.
Kings goalie Jonathan Quick hasn’t been quite all-that in the postseason and the more rubber he sees, the better for the Rangers. If Nash’s line with Kreider and Derek Stepan can get it going, they’ll have a great opportunity to send the series to New York tied 1-1.
- Video: Raanta shuts out flat Flyers in emergency start 0
- Video: Flyers’ Jones lays out Smith, called for charging 4
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 1
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 5
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 29
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 9
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)