Jun 6, 2014, 11:30 PM EDT
Veteran New York Rangers defenseman Dan Girardi was the subject of criticism following his Game 1 giveaway that led to the L.A. Kings overtime winner.
His teammates have defended him, however what occurred has prompted the question about what a coach’s role is in this situation – does Alain Vigneault himself sit down and talk with Girardi about the gaffe, or does that responsibility fall to others on the team?
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5