Jun 6, 2014, 11:30 PM EDT
Veteran New York Rangers defenseman Dan Girardi was the subject of criticism following his Game 1 giveaway that led to the L.A. Kings overtime winner.
His teammates have defended him, however what occurred has prompted the question about what a coach’s role is in this situation – does Alain Vigneault himself sit down and talk with Girardi about the gaffe, or does that responsibility fall to others on the team?
- In praise of John Tavares 5
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 18
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 13
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 38
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 54
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31