Jun 6, 2014, 11:30 PM EST
Veteran New York Rangers defenseman Dan Girardi was the subject of criticism following his Game 1 giveaway that led to the L.A. Kings overtime winner.
His teammates have defended him, however what occurred has prompted the question about what a coach’s role is in this situation – does Alain Vigneault himself sit down and talk with Girardi about the gaffe, or does that responsibility fall to others on the team?
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 20
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 9
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 16
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 12
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 9
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 27
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 61
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4