Jun 6, 2014, 11:30 PM EST
Veteran New York Rangers defenseman Dan Girardi was the subject of criticism following his Game 1 giveaway that led to the L.A. Kings overtime winner.
His teammates have defended him, however what occurred has prompted the question about what a coach’s role is in this situation – does Alain Vigneault himself sit down and talk with Girardi about the gaffe, or does that responsibility fall to others on the team?
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 35
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 9
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 28