Jun 6, 2014, 10:30 PM EDT
Even with a massive change in management in Vancouver, with the hiring of Trevor Linden and Jim Benning, it appears Ryan Kesler is still seeking a trade from the Canucks. At least that’s according to TSN’s Darren Dreger speaking on Insider Trading.
“Ryan Kesler hasn’t changed his mind. He wants a fresh start and to move on from Vancouver; he met with Benning earlier this week to talk about that. It’s believed that Kesler still has six teams on his list that he’s willing to be traded to. And we think that Philadelphia and Anaheim are among those,” Dreger reported, as per TSN.ca.
It was reported during the Olympics in February that Kesler had demanded a trade out of Vancouver, however he later denied those reports. Still, the rumours began circulating like mad that the Canucks were shopping the speedy center in the lead up to the March trade deadline, yet he remained with the team for the remainder of the regular season.
Benning, hired last month as the club’s new general manager, said at his introductory press conference that he was hoping to speak with the 29-year-old Kesler prior to the NHL Draft about his future with the club and to get a sense of what his player wanted. As per Capgeek.com, Kesler still has two seasons remaining on a six-year deal worth $30 million and a $5 million cap hit.
“He’s a warrior. Every night he comes to the rink and he plays hard. He’s a good skater, he’s a big-body guy. He’s physical,” said Benning.
We also may see what kind of return the Canucks could get for the 2011 Selke Trophy winner.
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 19
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 30
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 26
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)