Jun 6, 2014, 3:40 PM EDT
The Calgary Flames have promoted Craig Conroy to assistant general manager, while adding another AGM in Brad Pascall. Both men, plus senior VP and AGM Michael Holditch, will report to new GM Brad Treliving.
From the release:
The newest addition to the Flames staff is Brad Pascall who has served as Vice-President of Hockey Operations/National Teams with Hockey Canada since 2010. He brings an abundance of international hockey experience as he has worked in various capacities with Hockey Canada for the past 18 years. He served as Hockey Canada’s Senior Director of Men’s National Teams from 2006 to 2010 and was the Senior Director of Communications from 1998 to 2009.
Craig Conroy has been promoted to Assistant General Manager after just completing his third season as Special Assistant to the General Manager with the Flames. He began his career in management upon retirement from an illustrious playing career in which he amassed 1009 games including 507 of those games in a Flames uniform.
The Flames also added former NHLer Troy Crowder to its player development group.
And since this is a pretty boring post, here’s Crowder fighting Bob Probert back in the day:
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 7
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 5
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 23
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)