Jun 5, 2014, 11:30 PM EDT
By the sounds of it, goalie Alex Stalock really enjoys playing for the San Jose Sharks. It also appears that the Sharks value him in the organization.
So it seems likely a deal gets done between the two sides. The 26-year-old Stalock played in 24 regular season games for San Jose in 2013-14, posting a record of 12-5-2 and a .932 save percentage and 1.87 goals-against average. That was spent as the back-up to 30-year-old Antti Niemi.
He also appeared in three playoff games, including a start in Game 6 of their first-round series loss to the L.A. Kings, and is slated to become an unrestricted free agent.
From CSN Bay Area:
Talks are underway between the Sharks and pending unrestricted free agent Alex Stalock, the goaltender’s agent confirmed via text message to CSNBayArea.com.
The Sharks and Stalock would both prefer to get a deal done before the NHL Entry Draft in Philadelphia on June 27-28, according to Stalock’s camp. The 26-year-old, who turns 27 in late July, would become an unrestricted free agent on July 1.
Last season, Stalock came with a $625,000 cap hit, according to Capgeek.com. Intrigue into his contract situation and whether the Sharks wanted him hit a peak in February, although at that time, no discussions had taken place, according to a report.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 11
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 9
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 35
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)