Jun 5, 2014, 11:30 PM EDT
By the sounds of it, goalie Alex Stalock really enjoys playing for the San Jose Sharks. It also appears that the Sharks value him in the organization.
So it seems likely a deal gets done between the two sides. The 26-year-old Stalock played in 24 regular season games for San Jose in 2013-14, posting a record of 12-5-2 and a .932 save percentage and 1.87 goals-against average. That was spent as the back-up to 30-year-old Antti Niemi.
He also appeared in three playoff games, including a start in Game 6 of their first-round series loss to the L.A. Kings, and is slated to become an unrestricted free agent.
From CSN Bay Area:
Talks are underway between the Sharks and pending unrestricted free agent Alex Stalock, the goaltender’s agent confirmed via text message to CSNBayArea.com.
The Sharks and Stalock would both prefer to get a deal done before the NHL Entry Draft in Philadelphia on June 27-28, according to Stalock’s camp. The 26-year-old, who turns 27 in late July, would become an unrestricted free agent on July 1.
Last season, Stalock came with a $625,000 cap hit, according to Capgeek.com. Intrigue into his contract situation and whether the Sharks wanted him hit a peak in February, although at that time, no discussions had taken place, according to a report.
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 0
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 1
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 27
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 8
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 29
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 36
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)