Jun 5, 2014, 11:30 PM EDT
By the sounds of it, goalie Alex Stalock really enjoys playing for the San Jose Sharks. It also appears that the Sharks value him in the organization.
So it seems likely a deal gets done between the two sides. The 26-year-old Stalock played in 24 regular season games for San Jose in 2013-14, posting a record of 12-5-2 and a .932 save percentage and 1.87 goals-against average. That was spent as the back-up to 30-year-old Antti Niemi.
He also appeared in three playoff games, including a start in Game 6 of their first-round series loss to the L.A. Kings, and is slated to become an unrestricted free agent.
From CSN Bay Area:
Talks are underway between the Sharks and pending unrestricted free agent Alex Stalock, the goaltender’s agent confirmed via text message to CSNBayArea.com.
The Sharks and Stalock would both prefer to get a deal done before the NHL Entry Draft in Philadelphia on June 27-28, according to Stalock’s camp. The 26-year-old, who turns 27 in late July, would become an unrestricted free agent on July 1.
Last season, Stalock came with a $625,000 cap hit, according to Capgeek.com. Intrigue into his contract situation and whether the Sharks wanted him hit a peak in February, although at that time, no discussions had taken place, according to a report.
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Without Shea Weber, Predators can’t contain Hawks in Game 3 7
- Video: Tavares, Islanders take 2-1 series lead with OT win 19
- Watch Live: Predators at Blackhawks 0
- Watch Live: Capitals at Islanders 3
- Sens turn to Anderson for Game 3 5
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 13
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 84
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 68
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 166
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (166)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (84)