Jun 5, 2014, 6:15 PM EST
Temporary studio for today’s PHT Extra, courtesy the fine folks at KNBC in Los Angeles.
Click play to watch us discuss which was more true — 1. the Rangers blew a great chance to win Game 1, or 2. credit the Kings for battling back after a tough start.
You might have guessed by the headline that we went with the first option; however, it wasn’t all bad for the underdogs from New York, who definitely impressed with their speed.
PS — We totally need one of those headline scrolling things for our studio back home. Except instead of headlines like “Doughty Plays Big Role as Kings Win Game 1,” we’d personalize it with stuff like “Halford to Brough: Stop breathing so loud, I’m trying to work over here” or “Bloggers shoot online video, have to put on pants.”
PPS — Sometimes we don’t wear pants.
Related: Kings know they got away with one
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 3
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 14
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 58
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5