Jun 5, 2014, 6:15 PM EST
Temporary studio for today’s PHT Extra, courtesy the fine folks at KNBC in Los Angeles.
Click play to watch us discuss which was more true — 1. the Rangers blew a great chance to win Game 1, or 2. credit the Kings for battling back after a tough start.
You might have guessed by the headline that we went with the first option; however, it wasn’t all bad for the underdogs from New York, who definitely impressed with their speed.
PS — We totally need one of those headline scrolling things for our studio back home. Except instead of headlines like “Doughty Plays Big Role as Kings Win Game 1,” we’d personalize it with stuff like “Halford to Brough: Stop breathing so loud, I’m trying to work over here” or “Bloggers shoot online video, have to put on pants.”
PPS — Sometimes we don’t wear pants.
Related: Kings know they got away with one
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 0
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 6
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 9
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 24
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)