Jun 5, 2014, 10:30 PM EDT
This season may not have ended the way Tampa Bay Lightning goalie Ben Bishop wanted it to. He under went wrist surgery in April and was never able to compete for his team in the Stanley Cup playoffs due to a dislocated elbow.
He suffered the injury in early April, just before the post-season began.
The Lightning were swept out of the first round by the Montreal Canadiens. A disappointing result, although one can’t help but wonder how it may have differed had Bishop been healthy enough to play.
But while this season ended in disappointment for Bishop, and the Lightning, it appears he’ll be ready to go come training camp. At least that’s according to a report in the Tampa Bay Times.
A Vezina finalist for a 37-14-7 record this season – don’t forget the .924 save percentage and 2.23 goals-against average – his return could make the Lightning a formidable opponent in the Eastern Conference.
“It’s going well,” Bishop told the Tampa Bay Times. “Slowly but surely, we’re getting movement back in it. It’s getting stronger each day.”
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 9
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 14
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 4
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 23
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 75
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 51
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (88)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)