Jun 5, 2014, 10:30 PM EDT
This season may not have ended the way Tampa Bay Lightning goalie Ben Bishop wanted it to. He under went wrist surgery in April and was never able to compete for his team in the Stanley Cup playoffs due to a dislocated elbow.
He suffered the injury in early April, just before the post-season began.
The Lightning were swept out of the first round by the Montreal Canadiens. A disappointing result, although one can’t help but wonder how it may have differed had Bishop been healthy enough to play.
But while this season ended in disappointment for Bishop, and the Lightning, it appears he’ll be ready to go come training camp. At least that’s according to a report in the Tampa Bay Times.
A Vezina finalist for a 37-14-7 record this season – don’t forget the .924 save percentage and 2.23 goals-against average – his return could make the Lightning a formidable opponent in the Eastern Conference.
“It’s going well,” Bishop told the Tampa Bay Times. “Slowly but surely, we’re getting movement back in it. It’s getting stronger each day.”
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 0
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 21
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 15
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 8
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 18
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 37
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 12
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 20
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 25
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)