Jun 5, 2014, 10:30 PM EST
This season may not have ended the way Tampa Bay Lightning goalie Ben Bishop wanted it to. He under went wrist surgery in April and was never able to compete for his team in the Stanley Cup playoffs due to a dislocated elbow.
He suffered the injury in early April, just before the post-season began.
The Lightning were swept out of the first round by the Montreal Canadiens. A disappointing result, although one can’t help but wonder how it may have differed had Bishop been healthy enough to play.
But while this season ended in disappointment for Bishop, and the Lightning, it appears he’ll be ready to go come training camp. At least that’s according to a report in the Tampa Bay Times.
A Vezina finalist for a 37-14-7 record this season – don’t forget the .924 save percentage and 2.23 goals-against average – his return could make the Lightning a formidable opponent in the Eastern Conference.
“It’s going well,” Bishop told the Tampa Bay Times. “Slowly but surely, we’re getting movement back in it. It’s getting stronger each day.”
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 52
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 69
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (141)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)