Jun 5, 2014, 10:30 PM EDT
This season may not have ended the way Tampa Bay Lightning goalie Ben Bishop wanted it to. He under went wrist surgery in April and was never able to compete for his team in the Stanley Cup playoffs due to a dislocated elbow.
He suffered the injury in early April, just before the post-season began.
The Lightning were swept out of the first round by the Montreal Canadiens. A disappointing result, although one can’t help but wonder how it may have differed had Bishop been healthy enough to play.
But while this season ended in disappointment for Bishop, and the Lightning, it appears he’ll be ready to go come training camp. At least that’s according to a report in the Tampa Bay Times.
A Vezina finalist for a 37-14-7 record this season – don’t forget the .924 save percentage and 2.23 goals-against average – his return could make the Lightning a formidable opponent in the Eastern Conference.
“It’s going well,” Bishop told the Tampa Bay Times. “Slowly but surely, we’re getting movement back in it. It’s getting stronger each day.”
- Here’s latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 0
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 7
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 15
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 61
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 60
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)