Jun 5, 2014, 10:30 PM EDT
This season may not have ended the way Tampa Bay Lightning goalie Ben Bishop wanted it to. He under went wrist surgery in April and was never able to compete for his team in the Stanley Cup playoffs due to a dislocated elbow.
He suffered the injury in early April, just before the post-season began.
The Lightning were swept out of the first round by the Montreal Canadiens. A disappointing result, although one can’t help but wonder how it may have differed had Bishop been healthy enough to play.
But while this season ended in disappointment for Bishop, and the Lightning, it appears he’ll be ready to go come training camp. At least that’s according to a report in the Tampa Bay Times.
A Vezina finalist for a 37-14-7 record this season – don’t forget the .924 save percentage and 2.23 goals-against average – his return could make the Lightning a formidable opponent in the Eastern Conference.
“It’s going well,” Bishop told the Tampa Bay Times. “Slowly but surely, we’re getting movement back in it. It’s getting stronger each day.”
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 19
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 30
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 26
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)