Jun 5, 2014, 8:53 PM EDT
It turns out the Los Angeles Kings aren’t for sale.
A report from the New York Post stated Philip Anschutz, head of AEG, would look to sell the Los Angeles Kings following the Stanley Cup Final.
While AEG originally denied the reports to the Post, the company reached out to ProHockeyTalk and President and CEO Dan Beckerman released this statement regarding the Post’s report:
“The unsubstantiated rumors printed in the New York Post earlier today about the potential sale of the Los Angeles Kings are false. So I’m clear, the Los Angeles Kings are not for sale, and there are no plans to sell the franchise today, tomorrow or anytime in the future. These rumors were started by anonymous sources seeking to create chaos and mischief. We remain solely focused on one goal, winning the Stanley Cup, and we will not be distracted by such irresponsible reports.”
Stand down, Kings fans, your team won’t be in new hands any time soon. Back to focusing on the Kings being up 1-0 against the New York Rangers.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 12
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 2
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 20
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 16
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 26
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)