Jun 5, 2014, 8:53 PM EDT
It turns out the Los Angeles Kings aren’t for sale.
A report from the New York Post stated Philip Anschutz, head of AEG, would look to sell the Los Angeles Kings following the Stanley Cup Final.
While AEG originally denied the reports to the Post, the company reached out to ProHockeyTalk and President and CEO Dan Beckerman released this statement regarding the Post’s report:
“The unsubstantiated rumors printed in the New York Post earlier today about the potential sale of the Los Angeles Kings are false. So I’m clear, the Los Angeles Kings are not for sale, and there are no plans to sell the franchise today, tomorrow or anytime in the future. These rumors were started by anonymous sources seeking to create chaos and mischief. We remain solely focused on one goal, winning the Stanley Cup, and we will not be distracted by such irresponsible reports.”
Stand down, Kings fans, your team won’t be in new hands any time soon. Back to focusing on the Kings being up 1-0 against the New York Rangers.
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 11
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 4
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 12
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 28
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Richards: If not for the cap, half the league would want to play for Hawks (36)