Jun 4, 2014, 6:57 PM EDT
It’s time to get excited (if you weren’t already), as the the New York Rangers and Los Angeles Kings ready themselves to begin the 2014 Stanley Cup Final. You can watch Game 1 on NBC and also stream it via the link below:
The most obvious storyline is that Henrik Lundqvist enters his first career Stanley Cup Final series at 32. While his list of accomplishments is staggering (including a Vezina Trophy and a 2006 gold medal), he could face the dual disappointments of losing a gold-medal game and a Stanley Cup Final in the same year.
Martin St. Louis and Dominic Moore hope to finish emotional runs by hoisting the Stanley Cup, but the Kings won’t make it easy. They come in as heavy favorites as they attempt to win their second championship in three seasons after raising the Cup for the first time in franchise history in 2012.
The NHL must be delighted to see the Stanley Cup Final come down to two great teams from huge markets. Now they just need to back up that excitement with great hockey.
The contest kicks off around 8 p.m. ET, yet there is also a pre-show airing 7 p.m. ET. You can enjoy that extended coverage on NBCSN and by following this livestream link:
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 8
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 31
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 2
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Video: Therrien fuming after Bolts appear offside before OT winner 46
- Video: Lightning bolt to series lead on Kucherov’s double OT winner 14
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 8
- Report: BOG to vote on Vegas expansion in September 1
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits 102
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (102)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappointment as Wild advance (99)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)