Jun 4, 2014, 11:04 PM EST
After some hectic action in the first 20 minutes and a contentious middle frame, the Los Angeles Kings absolutely dominated the New York Rangers in the third period to the tune of a 20-3 shot advantage. Even so, Game 1 went into overtime tied 2-2.
That doesn’t mean the contest wasn’t close to ending. The wildest stretch actually came in the waning moments of the third, as Carl Hagelin almost scored on a breakaway and then nearly kicked in a jaw-dropping Jeff Carter wraparound chance:
Stay tuned for what could be an exciting overtime period (or exciting overtime periods).
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 2
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 17
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 4
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11
- Russia’s economic crisis causing big trouble for KHL 56