Jun 4, 2014, 11:04 PM EDT
After some hectic action in the first 20 minutes and a contentious middle frame, the Los Angeles Kings absolutely dominated the New York Rangers in the third period to the tune of a 20-3 shot advantage. Even so, Game 1 went into overtime tied 2-2.
That doesn’t mean the contest wasn’t close to ending. The wildest stretch actually came in the waning moments of the third, as Carl Hagelin almost scored on a breakaway and then nearly kicked in a jaw-dropping Jeff Carter wraparound chance:
Stay tuned for what could be an exciting overtime period (or exciting overtime periods).
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 10
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 32
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25