Jun 4, 2014, 11:04 PM EDT
After some hectic action in the first 20 minutes and a contentious middle frame, the Los Angeles Kings absolutely dominated the New York Rangers in the third period to the tune of a 20-3 shot advantage. Even so, Game 1 went into overtime tied 2-2.
That doesn’t mean the contest wasn’t close to ending. The wildest stretch actually came in the waning moments of the third, as Carl Hagelin almost scored on a breakaway and then nearly kicked in a jaw-dropping Jeff Carter wraparound chance:
Stay tuned for what could be an exciting overtime period (or exciting overtime periods).
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 35
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 16
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6