Jun 4, 2014, 11:04 PM EDT
After some hectic action in the first 20 minutes and a contentious middle frame, the Los Angeles Kings absolutely dominated the New York Rangers in the third period to the tune of a 20-3 shot advantage. Even so, Game 1 went into overtime tied 2-2.
That doesn’t mean the contest wasn’t close to ending. The wildest stretch actually came in the waning moments of the third, as Carl Hagelin almost scored on a breakaway and then nearly kicked in a jaw-dropping Jeff Carter wraparound chance:
Stay tuned for what could be an exciting overtime period (or exciting overtime periods).
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 5
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 33
- Video: Controversial Kane goal has Laviolette fuming 18
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 6
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 2
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 36
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 45
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13