Jun 4, 2014, 9:38 PM EST
Didn’t take long for Drew Doughty to make his mark on the Stanley Cup Final.
Just 6:33 into the second period, Doughty scored a highlight-reel marker for his first goal of the series and fifth of the playoffs, evening Game 1 at 2-2:
Much has been written about Doughty over the last 48 hours, as he’s enjoyed a tremendous playoff thus far — he leads all d-men in playoff scoring, with 17 points — and now has the opportunity to win both an Olympic gold medal and Stanley Cup in the same calendar year.
- Cardiac Cats: Panthers win as Reimer, Leafs fade in third 13
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 2
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 7
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 7
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 77
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2