Jun 4, 2014, 9:56 PM EST
The New York Rangers and Los Angles Kings are already generating some disdain for each other early on in the 2014 Stanley Cup Final. Anton Stralman really dialed up Kyle Clifford in the second period while Derick Brassard received a two-minute boarding minor for this hit on Dustin Brown:
Brown, 29, returned to action during the second period. It’s not necessarily safe to say that he totally avoided injury because it’s common for players to fight through pain during this time of year, yet he’s at least healthy enough to play.
Brassard, 26, hasn’t been suspended during his NHL career.
- Ovechkin becomes fifth player to start career with 10 straight 30+ goal seasons 0
- End nearing? Lightning waive Nabokov 0
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 21
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 10
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 16
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 14
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 10
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 27
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 61