Jun 4, 2014, 9:56 PM EDT
The New York Rangers and Los Angles Kings are already generating some disdain for each other early on in the 2014 Stanley Cup Final. Anton Stralman really dialed up Kyle Clifford in the second period while Derick Brassard received a two-minute boarding minor for this hit on Dustin Brown:
Brown, 29, returned to action during the second period. It’s not necessarily safe to say that he totally avoided injury because it’s common for players to fight through pain during this time of year, yet he’s at least healthy enough to play.
Brassard, 26, hasn’t been suspended during his NHL career.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 17
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 21
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 23
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 93
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5