Jun 4, 2014, 10:50 AM EDT
It’s possible you may not have noticed Rick Nash very much in the playoffs.
That’s not a knock on his performance so far in the Stanley Cup Playoffs. He has three goals in 10 points for the New York Rangers and now he’s making his first appearance in the Stanley Cup Final.
While the goal scoring isn’t where the Rangers may have hoped it would be, he’s getting it done in other areas for the team with his all-around play as Arthur Staple of Newsday shares.
“He’s had that Team Canada experience where he won a couple gold medals in a different role than he’s used to,” said Derek Dorsett, a teammate in Columbus and New York. “I think that’s helped him a lot.”
Nash and the Rangers facing former teammate Marian Gaborik and the Los Angeles Kings in the Final makes for a curious juxtaposition for Rangers fans. Gaborik was dealt from New York to Columbus when he was no longer working out with the Rangers and Nash’s arrival.
Now with Gaborik having wild success with the Kings and leading all goal scorers in the postseason with 12, Nash may have to put his all-around game to work to try and shut down his former teammate.
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 70
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 42
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 33
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 3
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 56
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)