Jun 4, 2014, 6:16 PM EDT
The NHL has announced the four referees that will be working this year’s Stanley Cup Final between the Rangers and Kings.
Steve Kozari, Wes McCauley, Dan O’Halloran and Brad Watson have been selected to officiate, per the league’s PR department. The linesmen will be Derek Amell, Scott Driscoll, Shane Heyer and Brad Kovachik.
McCauley, O’Halloran and Watson are all returnees from last year’s Cup Final; Kozari is making his Stanley Cup Final debut (and has been working with Watson since Round 2.) O’Halloran and McCauley were teamed up late in Round 2 and have been working together ever since. It’s worth noting this is Watson’s eighth Final, the most among any of the four referees assigned.
One interesting linesman assignment is Driscoll, who was engaged in the altercation that saw Dan Carcillo get hit with a 10-game suspension (later reduced to six.)
Kozari and Watson will work tonight’s Game 1 at Staples Center, with Heyer and Driscoll working the lines.
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 9
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 31
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 2
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Video: Therrien fuming after Bolts appear offside before OT winner 46
- Video: Lightning bolt to series lead on Kucherov’s double OT winner 14
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 8
- Report: BOG to vote on Vegas expansion in September 1
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (102)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappointment as Wild advance (99)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)