Jun 4, 2014, 6:16 PM EST
The NHL has announced the four referees that will be working this year’s Stanley Cup Final between the Rangers and Kings.
Steve Kozari, Wes McCauley, Dan O’Halloran and Brad Watson have been selected to officiate, per the league’s PR department. The linesmen will be Derek Amell, Scott Driscoll, Shane Heyer and Brad Kovachik.
McCauley, O’Halloran and Watson are all returnees from last year’s Cup Final; Kozari is making his Stanley Cup Final debut (and has been working with Watson since Round 2.) O’Halloran and McCauley were teamed up late in Round 2 and have been working together ever since. It’s worth noting this is Watson’s eighth Final, the most among any of the four referees assigned.
One interesting linesman assignment is Driscoll, who was engaged in the altercation that saw Dan Carcillo get hit with a 10-game suspension (later reduced to six.)
Kozari and Watson will work tonight’s Game 1 at Staples Center, with Heyer and Driscoll working the lines.
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 0
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 14
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23