Jun 4, 2014, 6:16 PM EDT
The NHL has announced the four referees that will be working this year’s Stanley Cup Final between the Rangers and Kings.
Steve Kozari, Wes McCauley, Dan O’Halloran and Brad Watson have been selected to officiate, per the league’s PR department. The linesmen will be Derek Amell, Scott Driscoll, Shane Heyer and Brad Kovachik.
McCauley, O’Halloran and Watson are all returnees from last year’s Cup Final; Kozari is making his Stanley Cup Final debut (and has been working with Watson since Round 2.) O’Halloran and McCauley were teamed up late in Round 2 and have been working together ever since. It’s worth noting this is Watson’s eighth Final, the most among any of the four referees assigned.
One interesting linesman assignment is Driscoll, who was engaged in the altercation that saw Dan Carcillo get hit with a 10-game suspension (later reduced to six.)
Kozari and Watson will work tonight’s Game 1 at Staples Center, with Heyer and Driscoll working the lines.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 99
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 77
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (99)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (77)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (40)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)