Jun 4, 2014, 6:16 PM EST
The NHL has announced the four referees that will be working this year’s Stanley Cup Final between the Rangers and Kings.
Steve Kozari, Wes McCauley, Dan O’Halloran and Brad Watson have been selected to officiate, per the league’s PR department. The linesmen will be Derek Amell, Scott Driscoll, Shane Heyer and Brad Kovachik.
McCauley, O’Halloran and Watson are all returnees from last year’s Cup Final; Kozari is making his Stanley Cup Final debut (and has been working with Watson since Round 2.) O’Halloran and McCauley were teamed up late in Round 2 and have been working together ever since. It’s worth noting this is Watson’s eighth Final, the most among any of the four referees assigned.
One interesting linesman assignment is Driscoll, who was engaged in the altercation that saw Dan Carcillo get hit with a 10-game suspension (later reduced to six.)
Kozari and Watson will work tonight’s Game 1 at Staples Center, with Heyer and Driscoll working the lines.
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 11
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 14
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 12
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 1
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 19
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 23
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 33