Jun 4, 2014, 12:15 PM EST
New York Rangers forward Daniel Carcillo got a reprieve on Tuesday when the NHL announced they reduced his suspension for striking an official from 10 games to six.
Carcillo’s successful appeal means he’ll potentially get to play in at least one game of the Stanley Cup Final against the Los Angeles Kings as he’ll be eligible to return in Game 4. As you might expect, he feels relieved to have a chance to suit up as Katie Strang of ESPN.com shared.
“It’s awesome. It puts a little jump in your step. I’ve been a bit of a dead man walking the last two weeks. Or the last week and a half. It was tough,” Carcillo said during media availability Tuesday. “To hear that this morning as soon as you wake up, it just gives a little boost, a little energy. Just to be able to be around the guys in three games will be great. I’m just really encouraged. Like I said, hopefully they don’t need me, but it is nice to be able to be around the guys again.”
With Carcillo eligible to play in the Final, that means he’ll get a chance to face off against one of his former teams in the Kings. The Rangers were able to soldier on well without him in the lineup going 2-1 against Montreal following his incident in Game 3.
It may be tricky for Carcillo to get back in the lineup after how well the team played without him and after getting Derick Brassard back, but things could change quickly in the next three games.
Dec 28, 2014, 9:45 AM EST
Expected to serve as an extra defenseman as the Canucks visit the Ducks.
Dec 28, 2014, 1:59 AM EST
Darryl Sutter must like what he sees with the advantage.
Dec 28, 2014, 1:03 AM EST
Dec 28, 2014, 12:36 AM EST
Meanwhile, the Rangers are playing OK.
Dec 28, 2014, 12:05 AM EST
Battle of California tonight.
Dec 27, 2014, 11:47 PM EST
Some controversy in this game, too.
Dec 27, 2014, 11:02 PM EST
Same old, same old.
Dec 27, 2014, 10:48 PM EST
Holy puck possession!
Dec 27, 2014, 10:27 PM EST
Physical game between these teams.
Dec 27, 2014, 9:46 PM EST
These teams, as we all know, don’t care for each other.
Dec 27, 2014, 9:32 PM EST
Dec 27, 2014, 8:48 PM EST
This had been brewing for some time.
Dec 27, 2014, 8:27 PM EST
No call on the play.
Dec 27, 2014, 8:05 PM EST
Injury occurred on a clean hit along the boards.
Dec 27, 2014, 7:28 PM EST
Interesting times for the Devils.
Dec 27, 2014, 7:00 PM EST
Starting to tighten up in the Eastern Conference standings.
Dec 27, 2014, 6:26 PM EST
Minnesota has recalled John Curry.
Dec 27, 2014, 6:02 PM EST
Was fired three games into the 2013-14 season.
Dec 27, 2014, 5:24 PM EST
St. Louis will host the Dallas Stars.
Dec 27, 2014, 4:46 PM EST
Will that last?
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 3
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 5
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 4
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 57
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 2
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 10
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap (57)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)