Jun 4, 2014, 12:15 PM EST
New York Rangers forward Daniel Carcillo got a reprieve on Tuesday when the NHL announced they reduced his suspension for striking an official from 10 games to six.
Carcillo’s successful appeal means he’ll potentially get to play in at least one game of the Stanley Cup Final against the Los Angeles Kings as he’ll be eligible to return in Game 4. As you might expect, he feels relieved to have a chance to suit up as Katie Strang of ESPN.com shared.
“It’s awesome. It puts a little jump in your step. I’ve been a bit of a dead man walking the last two weeks. Or the last week and a half. It was tough,” Carcillo said during media availability Tuesday. “To hear that this morning as soon as you wake up, it just gives a little boost, a little energy. Just to be able to be around the guys in three games will be great. I’m just really encouraged. Like I said, hopefully they don’t need me, but it is nice to be able to be around the guys again.”
With Carcillo eligible to play in the Final, that means he’ll get a chance to face off against one of his former teams in the Kings. The Rangers were able to soldier on well without him in the lineup going 2-1 against Montreal following his incident in Game 3.
It may be tricky for Carcillo to get back in the lineup after how well the team played without him and after getting Derick Brassard back, but things could change quickly in the next three games.
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 1
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 3
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 4
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 55
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 2
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 10
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap (56)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)