Jun 3, 2014, 9:22 PM EST
Robyn Regehr hasn’t played a hockey game in a full month due to a knee injury. But he’s hoping to get back into the L.A. Kings lineup against the New York Rangers for the Stanley Cup Final, which gets underway Wednesday.
Regehr, out with a knee injury, was listed by head coach Darryl Sutter as “doubtful” for Game 7 of the Western Conference Final against Chicago, but did end up taking the warm-up. He only resumed skating late last month.
It appears once again, the decision will be up to Sutter to see if the 34-year-old Regehr makes it back into game action – a point the veteran rugged defenseman acknowledged.
“I think it’s going to be a coach’s decision. I think that I’ve been working hard at getting back to feeling like I can be ready to roll,” Regehr told reporters.
“At this point it’s whatever Darryl would like me to be. If he feels he would like me in the lineup I feel like I’m ready to go. If he wants to stay with the same lineup that was successful in game 7 against Chicago I totally understand that too.”
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Fowler after Ducks’ win vs. Sharks: ‘We never give up’ 1
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (73)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)