Jun 3, 2014, 9:22 PM EDT
Robyn Regehr hasn’t played a hockey game in a full month due to a knee injury. But he’s hoping to get back into the L.A. Kings lineup against the New York Rangers for the Stanley Cup Final, which gets underway Wednesday.
Regehr, out with a knee injury, was listed by head coach Darryl Sutter as “doubtful” for Game 7 of the Western Conference Final against Chicago, but did end up taking the warm-up. He only resumed skating late last month.
It appears once again, the decision will be up to Sutter to see if the 34-year-old Regehr makes it back into game action – a point the veteran rugged defenseman acknowledged.
“I think it’s going to be a coach’s decision. I think that I’ve been working hard at getting back to feeling like I can be ready to roll,” Regehr told reporters.
“At this point it’s whatever Darryl would like me to be. If he feels he would like me in the lineup I feel like I’m ready to go. If he wants to stay with the same lineup that was successful in game 7 against Chicago I totally understand that too.”
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 11
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 10
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 73
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)