Jun 3, 2014, 9:22 PM EDT
Robyn Regehr hasn’t played a hockey game in a full month due to a knee injury. But he’s hoping to get back into the L.A. Kings lineup against the New York Rangers for the Stanley Cup Final, which gets underway Wednesday.
Regehr, out with a knee injury, was listed by head coach Darryl Sutter as “doubtful” for Game 7 of the Western Conference Final against Chicago, but did end up taking the warm-up. He only resumed skating late last month.
It appears once again, the decision will be up to Sutter to see if the 34-year-old Regehr makes it back into game action – a point the veteran rugged defenseman acknowledged.
“I think it’s going to be a coach’s decision. I think that I’ve been working hard at getting back to feeling like I can be ready to roll,” Regehr told reporters.
“At this point it’s whatever Darryl would like me to be. If he feels he would like me in the lineup I feel like I’m ready to go. If he wants to stay with the same lineup that was successful in game 7 against Chicago I totally understand that too.”
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 18
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 8
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 35
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 18
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)