Jun 3, 2014, 9:22 PM EDT
Robyn Regehr hasn’t played a hockey game in a full month due to a knee injury. But he’s hoping to get back into the L.A. Kings lineup against the New York Rangers for the Stanley Cup Final, which gets underway Wednesday.
Regehr, out with a knee injury, was listed by head coach Darryl Sutter as “doubtful” for Game 7 of the Western Conference Final against Chicago, but did end up taking the warm-up. He only resumed skating late last month.
It appears once again, the decision will be up to Sutter to see if the 34-year-old Regehr makes it back into game action – a point the veteran rugged defenseman acknowledged.
“I think it’s going to be a coach’s decision. I think that I’ve been working hard at getting back to feeling like I can be ready to roll,” Regehr told reporters.
“At this point it’s whatever Darryl would like me to be. If he feels he would like me in the lineup I feel like I’m ready to go. If he wants to stay with the same lineup that was successful in game 7 against Chicago I totally understand that too.”
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 32
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 9
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 15
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 15
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ (33)
- Reinhart admits frustration; time running out to make Sabres? (25)
- Canucks waive Markstrom as Shinkaruk, Jensen continue to impress (23)
- Filip Forsberg has scored two thirds of the Preds’ preseason goals (21)