Jun 3, 2014, 7:17 PM EDT
LOS ANGELES — There was an anxious moment when Jonathan Quick took a high shot during Tuesday’s practice… well, anxious for everybody but Kings head coach Darryl Sutter.
“Jonathan’s a tough guy,” Sutter said during his Stanley Cup Final media availability, shortly after practice wrapped. “He’s probably the first guy out of the room.”
Sutter also shook his head (in the “no” manner) when asked if there was any concern about Quick’s status moving forward.
Quick, the 2012 Conn Smythe winner as playoff MVP, stopped a shot in the shoulder and/or collarbone at the end of practice and appeared to be in some discomfort. He skated towards then boards, then hunched over by the Kings’ bench for a few minutes before exiting the ice for good.
The 28-year-old netminder can ill-afford to go into this upcoming series with the Rangers at anything less than 100 percent. Quick had a less-than-stellar against Chicago in the Western Conference Final, allowing 23 goals over the seven game series while finishing with an .889 save percentage.
Update: Quick took part in the media availability session and shrugged off the incident, joking that the puck hit him somewhere between the shoulders and knees.
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 1
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 5
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 9
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 1
- Chara suffers undisclosed issue, won’t return on Thursday 14
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 13
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 20
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 82
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 15
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)