Jun 3, 2014, 7:17 PM EST
LOS ANGELES — There was an anxious moment when Jonathan Quick took a high shot during Tuesday’s practice… well, anxious for everybody but Kings head coach Darryl Sutter.
“Jonathan’s a tough guy,” Sutter said during his Stanley Cup Final media availability, shortly after practice wrapped. “He’s probably the first guy out of the room.”
Sutter also shook his head (in the “no” manner) when asked if there was any concern about Quick’s status moving forward.
Quick, the 2012 Conn Smythe winner as playoff MVP, stopped a shot in the shoulder and/or collarbone at the end of practice and appeared to be in some discomfort. He skated towards then boards, then hunched over by the Kings’ bench for a few minutes before exiting the ice for good.
The 28-year-old netminder can ill-afford to go into this upcoming series with the Rangers at anything less than 100 percent. Quick had a less-than-stellar against Chicago in the Western Conference Final, allowing 23 goals over the seven game series while finishing with an .889 save percentage.
Update: Quick took part in the media availability session and shrugged off the incident, joking that the puck hit him somewhere between the shoulders and knees.
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 14
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 21
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 32
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 61
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 30
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 57
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 17
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (127)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (63)
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)