Jun 3, 2014, 7:17 PM EDT
LOS ANGELES — There was an anxious moment when Jonathan Quick took a high shot during Tuesday’s practice… well, anxious for everybody but Kings head coach Darryl Sutter.
“Jonathan’s a tough guy,” Sutter said during his Stanley Cup Final media availability, shortly after practice wrapped. “He’s probably the first guy out of the room.”
Sutter also shook his head (in the “no” manner) when asked if there was any concern about Quick’s status moving forward.
Quick, the 2012 Conn Smythe winner as playoff MVP, stopped a shot in the shoulder and/or collarbone at the end of practice and appeared to be in some discomfort. He skated towards then boards, then hunched over by the Kings’ bench for a few minutes before exiting the ice for good.
The 28-year-old netminder can ill-afford to go into this upcoming series with the Rangers at anything less than 100 percent. Quick had a less-than-stellar against Chicago in the Western Conference Final, allowing 23 goals over the seven game series while finishing with an .889 save percentage.
Update: Quick took part in the media availability session and shrugged off the incident, joking that the puck hit him somewhere between the shoulders and knees.
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 42
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 10
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 18
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 54
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (42)
- Boychuk doesn’t want to be traded, but has no control over the matter (39)