Jun 3, 2014, 1:06 PM EDT
Hello from sunny Los Angeles. Halford and I arrived last night at LAX, whereupon we picked up our “mid-sized” rental car, which in fact turned out to be a red convertible Ford Mustang. Did we immediately take the top down? We did. Were we a bit cold on the highway? We were. A bit.
Anyway, we’re at the Staples Center today for Media Day, which starts with the Rangers (practice, then availability) before it’s the Kings’ turn. There’s also a media lunch at 1 p.m. Hopefully there’s ice cream.
We’ll have our Stanley Cup picks up soon. Still waiting for Yerdon to email his in. Come on, Yerds. I have a feeling it could be Kings picks across the board, but we’ll see. Only one PHTer picked L.A. to beat the defending champion Blackhawks. Yep, it was me, the same only PHTer who picked the Wild to beat the Avs. But enough bragging, since I also picked the Habs to beat the Rangers, completely unaware what Chris Kreider had up his sleeve.
OK, back in a bit.
(Is that Ratt? It is.)
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 17
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 23
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 94
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5