Jun 3, 2014, 1:06 PM EDT
Hello from sunny Los Angeles. Halford and I arrived last night at LAX, whereupon we picked up our “mid-sized” rental car, which in fact turned out to be a red convertible Ford Mustang. Did we immediately take the top down? We did. Were we a bit cold on the highway? We were. A bit.
Anyway, we’re at the Staples Center today for Media Day, which starts with the Rangers (practice, then availability) before it’s the Kings’ turn. There’s also a media lunch at 1 p.m. Hopefully there’s ice cream.
We’ll have our Stanley Cup picks up soon. Still waiting for Yerdon to email his in. Come on, Yerds. I have a feeling it could be Kings picks across the board, but we’ll see. Only one PHTer picked L.A. to beat the defending champion Blackhawks. Yep, it was me, the same only PHTer who picked the Wild to beat the Avs. But enough bragging, since I also picked the Habs to beat the Rangers, completely unaware what Chris Kreider had up his sleeve.
OK, back in a bit.
(Is that Ratt? It is.)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 9
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 1
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 10
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 18
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 21
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 36
- Report: Johansen, Blue Jackets talking contract 7
- NHL waiting on World Cup announcement, Olympics decision 9
- Leiweke calls out ‘just terrible’ character of certain players in Leafs organization 30
- Crosby: Pens must ‘find a way to get over that hump’ 13
- Will future tweaks be enough to salvage NHL 15? (50)
- This Darcy Kuemper-Minnesota Wild situation doesn’t sound good (40)
- Boychuk doesn’t want to be traded, but has no control over the matter (39)
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker (39)
- The KHL’s really trying to mow Minnesota’s lawn (38)