Jun 3, 2014, 1:06 PM EST
Hello from sunny Los Angeles. Halford and I arrived last night at LAX, whereupon we picked up our “mid-sized” rental car, which in fact turned out to be a red convertible Ford Mustang. Did we immediately take the top down? We did. Were we a bit cold on the highway? We were. A bit.
Anyway, we’re at the Staples Center today for Media Day, which starts with the Rangers (practice, then availability) before it’s the Kings’ turn. There’s also a media lunch at 1 p.m. Hopefully there’s ice cream.
We’ll have our Stanley Cup picks up soon. Still waiting for Yerdon to email his in. Come on, Yerds. I have a feeling it could be Kings picks across the board, but we’ll see. Only one PHTer picked L.A. to beat the defending champion Blackhawks. Yep, it was me, the same only PHTer who picked the Wild to beat the Avs. But enough bragging, since I also picked the Habs to beat the Rangers, completely unaware what Chris Kreider had up his sleeve.
OK, back in a bit.
(Is that Ratt? It is.)
- Miller’s second straight shutout puts Canucks in NHL lead 11
- Video: Ennis fires behind his back while falling, scores 3
- Video: Hjalmarsson crushes Kesler, Lindholm scores in wild sequence (Updated) 6
- Trade: Ducks get Brewer from Lightning; Beauchemin out 4-6 weeks 2
- Thanksgiving Shutdown: Rangers blank listless Flyers for second time this season 25
- Video: Martin St. Louis scores goal for 1,000th point 2
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 5
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 3
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 2
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Report: Perron’s name comes up as Oilers seek trade for ‘top center’ (45)
- Video: Bruins see two goals waved off (44)
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? (43)