Jun 3, 2014, 1:06 PM EDT
Hello from sunny Los Angeles. Halford and I arrived last night at LAX, whereupon we picked up our “mid-sized” rental car, which in fact turned out to be a red convertible Ford Mustang. Did we immediately take the top down? We did. Were we a bit cold on the highway? We were. A bit.
Anyway, we’re at the Staples Center today for Media Day, which starts with the Rangers (practice, then availability) before it’s the Kings’ turn. There’s also a media lunch at 1 p.m. Hopefully there’s ice cream.
We’ll have our Stanley Cup picks up soon. Still waiting for Yerdon to email his in. Come on, Yerds. I have a feeling it could be Kings picks across the board, but we’ll see. Only one PHTer picked L.A. to beat the defending champion Blackhawks. Yep, it was me, the same only PHTer who picked the Wild to beat the Avs. But enough bragging, since I also picked the Habs to beat the Rangers, completely unaware what Chris Kreider had up his sleeve.
OK, back in a bit.
(Is that Ratt? It is.)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 40
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 10
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)