Jun 3, 2014, 1:06 PM EDT
Hello from sunny Los Angeles. Halford and I arrived last night at LAX, whereupon we picked up our “mid-sized” rental car, which in fact turned out to be a red convertible Ford Mustang. Did we immediately take the top down? We did. Were we a bit cold on the highway? We were. A bit.
Anyway, we’re at the Staples Center today for Media Day, which starts with the Rangers (practice, then availability) before it’s the Kings’ turn. There’s also a media lunch at 1 p.m. Hopefully there’s ice cream.
We’ll have our Stanley Cup picks up soon. Still waiting for Yerdon to email his in. Come on, Yerds. I have a feeling it could be Kings picks across the board, but we’ll see. Only one PHTer picked L.A. to beat the defending champion Blackhawks. Yep, it was me, the same only PHTer who picked the Wild to beat the Avs. But enough bragging, since I also picked the Habs to beat the Rangers, completely unaware what Chris Kreider had up his sleeve.
OK, back in a bit.
(Is that Ratt? It is.)
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 4
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 12
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 38
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 53
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30