Jun 2, 2014, 10:07 AM EDT
After getting hurt in his first and only appearance of the Eastern Conference Final, J.T. Miller is still not quite ready to rejoin the Rangers.
On Sunday, Miller didn’t practice with teammates — but did go for a solo skate prior — and his status for Game 1 of the Stanley Cup Final on Wednesday remains unclear, according to head coach Alain Vigneault, who told the Bergen Record that Miller’s “a couple more days” from returning.
Miller, the Rangers’ first-round pick (15th overall) at the 2011 NHL Entry Draft, was hurt during Game 4 of the Montreal series after Andrei Markov pushed him into the Habs’ net in the second period:
The 21-year-old tried to return to play but was eventually forced to leave with the aforementioned shoulder ailment, and finished with just three minutes of ice time. Much like the regular season, Miller has been in and out of the Ranger lineup for most of the playoffs, making two appearances in the Flyers series, one in the Penguins series and one in the Canadiens series.
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 3
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 8
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 32
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)