Jun 2, 2014, 5:54 PM EDT
The Western Conference Final featured two of the best teams in recent history in a back-and-forth series that had a bit of almost everything. When the Los Angeles Kings and Chicago Blackhawks’ battle led to a Game 7, fans wanted to tune in to see how it would end.
Los Angeles’ 5-4 overtime victory over Chicago drew a 3.17 metered market rating, per Nielsen Media Research. That’s an overnight ratings record for an NHL game on NBCSN, surpassing Game 3 of the 2013 Stanley Cup Final between the Blackhawks and Boston Bruins (3.10).
The game had a 22.7 rating in Chicago, which is the most ever for a Blackhawks contest on NBCSN. Los Angeles produced its best metered market rating for a conference finals game on NBCSN (4.8).
The game also attracted a strong audience from New York as Rangers fans watched to see who their team would face in the Stanley Cup Final. The contest drew a 3.7 rating in New York, which set a new high for NBCSN among non-Stanley Cup Final games that didn’t feature a New York team.
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 11
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 10
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 16
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 39
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 17
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)