Jun 2, 2014, 5:54 PM EDT
The Western Conference Final featured two of the best teams in recent history in a back-and-forth series that had a bit of almost everything. When the Los Angeles Kings and Chicago Blackhawks’ battle led to a Game 7, fans wanted to tune in to see how it would end.
Los Angeles’ 5-4 overtime victory over Chicago drew a 3.17 metered market rating, per Nielsen Media Research. That’s an overnight ratings record for an NHL game on NBCSN, surpassing Game 3 of the 2013 Stanley Cup Final between the Blackhawks and Boston Bruins (3.10).
The game had a 22.7 rating in Chicago, which is the most ever for a Blackhawks contest on NBCSN. Los Angeles produced its best metered market rating for a conference finals game on NBCSN (4.8).
The game also attracted a strong audience from New York as Rangers fans watched to see who their team would face in the Stanley Cup Final. The contest drew a 3.7 rating in New York, which set a new high for NBCSN among non-Stanley Cup Final games that didn’t feature a New York team.
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 7
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 31
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 94
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 82
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 18
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 18
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (96)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (84)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)