Jun 2, 2014, 5:54 PM EDT
The Western Conference Final featured two of the best teams in recent history in a back-and-forth series that had a bit of almost everything. When the Los Angeles Kings and Chicago Blackhawks’ battle led to a Game 7, fans wanted to tune in to see how it would end.
Los Angeles’ 5-4 overtime victory over Chicago drew a 3.17 metered market rating, per Nielsen Media Research. That’s an overnight ratings record for an NHL game on NBCSN, surpassing Game 3 of the 2013 Stanley Cup Final between the Blackhawks and Boston Bruins (3.10).
The game had a 22.7 rating in Chicago, which is the most ever for a Blackhawks contest on NBCSN. Los Angeles produced its best metered market rating for a conference finals game on NBCSN (4.8).
The game also attracted a strong audience from New York as Rangers fans watched to see who their team would face in the Stanley Cup Final. The contest drew a 3.7 rating in New York, which set a new high for NBCSN among non-Stanley Cup Final games that didn’t feature a New York team.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 7
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 36
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 14
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)