Jun 2, 2014, 5:54 PM EDT
The Western Conference Final featured two of the best teams in recent history in a back-and-forth series that had a bit of almost everything. When the Los Angeles Kings and Chicago Blackhawks’ battle led to a Game 7, fans wanted to tune in to see how it would end.
Los Angeles’ 5-4 overtime victory over Chicago drew a 3.17 metered market rating, per Nielsen Media Research. That’s an overnight ratings record for an NHL game on NBCSN, surpassing Game 3 of the 2013 Stanley Cup Final between the Blackhawks and Boston Bruins (3.10).
The game had a 22.7 rating in Chicago, which is the most ever for a Blackhawks contest on NBCSN. Los Angeles produced its best metered market rating for a conference finals game on NBCSN (4.8).
The game also attracted a strong audience from New York as Rangers fans watched to see who their team would face in the Stanley Cup Final. The contest drew a 3.7 rating in New York, which set a new high for NBCSN among non-Stanley Cup Final games that didn’t feature a New York team.
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 18
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 36
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 32
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Owner Pegula: Sabres have gone through ‘two of the most successful seasons we’ve ever had’ (43)
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM (38)