Jun 2, 2014, 5:03 PM EST
The Florida Panthers aren’t just shaking up their coaching staff. They have reportedly fired almost their entire sales staff as well as personnel from other departments, according to 940 WINZ’s Andy Slater.
The Panthers addressed the changes without confirming the extent of them in an email to season ticket holders.
“As part of any organizational review, there are typically changes in staff as the business model continues to evolve and the business is restructured,” the letter states. “Some of the sales and services representatives with whom you may have worked in the past will be changing.”
This comes during a time when the Florida Panthers are trying to find their footing financially. The Panthers have previously confirmed they’re losing millions annually and in April the team has asked Broward County for a package in excess of $80 million.
The Panthers attendance average was just 14,177 last year, which put them in 29th place, per ESPN.com.
Florida Panthers new ownership have cut about 65 jobs so far, about 25 of them today / Britt
— Broward Politics (@browardpolitics) June 2, 2014
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 0
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 1
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 8
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 13
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 5
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)