Jun 2, 2014, 5:03 PM EDT
The Florida Panthers aren’t just shaking up their coaching staff. They have reportedly fired almost their entire sales staff as well as personnel from other departments, according to 940 WINZ’s Andy Slater.
The Panthers addressed the changes without confirming the extent of them in an email to season ticket holders.
“As part of any organizational review, there are typically changes in staff as the business model continues to evolve and the business is restructured,” the letter states. “Some of the sales and services representatives with whom you may have worked in the past will be changing.”
This comes during a time when the Florida Panthers are trying to find their footing financially. The Panthers have previously confirmed they’re losing millions annually and in April the team has asked Broward County for a package in excess of $80 million.
The Panthers attendance average was just 14,177 last year, which put them in 29th place, per ESPN.com.
Florida Panthers new ownership have cut about 65 jobs so far, about 25 of them today / Britt
— Broward Politics (@browardpolitics) June 2, 2014
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 4
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 62
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (62)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)