Jun 1, 2014, 4:56 PM EST
If there’s one thing the Los Angeles Kings are unfamiliar with, it’s losing in a Game 7. We already mentioned that Kings forwards Marian Gaborik, Mike Richards, and Justin Williams are all a perfect 6-0 when it comes to Game 7s, but that’s just the tip of the iceberg.
Going into tonight’s game against the Chicago Blackhawks, the Kings are a combined 70-7 in Game 7s, per LA Kings Insider.
That history makes it easy for this team to feel confident going into this contest. Of course, they’re also respectful of the fact that the Blackhawks aren’t your typical opponent.
“(Chicago) has proven that they’re a winning team and winners in the past and it makes it that much tougher for us,” Kings defenseman Drew Doughty said after calling the Blackhawks a better team that their previous 2014 postseason adversaries. “We have to have our best effort. That’s it.”
Doughty is personally 3-0 in Game 7s with a goal and two assists. One more win and the 24-year-old will play in the Stanley Cup Final for the second time in just three years.
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 53
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 17
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 57
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 17
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 127
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (127)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang (57)