Jun 1, 2014, 4:56 PM EDT
If there’s one thing the Los Angeles Kings are unfamiliar with, it’s losing in a Game 7. We already mentioned that Kings forwards Marian Gaborik, Mike Richards, and Justin Williams are all a perfect 6-0 when it comes to Game 7s, but that’s just the tip of the iceberg.
Going into tonight’s game against the Chicago Blackhawks, the Kings are a combined 70-7 in Game 7s, per LA Kings Insider.
That history makes it easy for this team to feel confident going into this contest. Of course, they’re also respectful of the fact that the Blackhawks aren’t your typical opponent.
“(Chicago) has proven that they’re a winning team and winners in the past and it makes it that much tougher for us,” Kings defenseman Drew Doughty said after calling the Blackhawks a better team that their previous 2014 postseason adversaries. “We have to have our best effort. That’s it.”
Doughty is personally 3-0 in Game 7s with a goal and two assists. One more win and the 24-year-old will play in the Stanley Cup Final for the second time in just three years.
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 3
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 17
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 14
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 19
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 49
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 14
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (50)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)