Jun 1, 2014, 4:56 PM EDT
If there’s one thing the Los Angeles Kings are unfamiliar with, it’s losing in a Game 7. We already mentioned that Kings forwards Marian Gaborik, Mike Richards, and Justin Williams are all a perfect 6-0 when it comes to Game 7s, but that’s just the tip of the iceberg.
Going into tonight’s game against the Chicago Blackhawks, the Kings are a combined 70-7 in Game 7s, per LA Kings Insider.
That history makes it easy for this team to feel confident going into this contest. Of course, they’re also respectful of the fact that the Blackhawks aren’t your typical opponent.
“(Chicago) has proven that they’re a winning team and winners in the past and it makes it that much tougher for us,” Kings defenseman Drew Doughty said after calling the Blackhawks a better team that their previous 2014 postseason adversaries. “We have to have our best effort. That’s it.”
Doughty is personally 3-0 in Game 7s with a goal and two assists. One more win and the 24-year-old will play in the Stanley Cup Final for the second time in just three years.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5