Jun 1, 2014, 4:56 PM EST
If there’s one thing the Los Angeles Kings are unfamiliar with, it’s losing in a Game 7. We already mentioned that Kings forwards Marian Gaborik, Mike Richards, and Justin Williams are all a perfect 6-0 when it comes to Game 7s, but that’s just the tip of the iceberg.
Going into tonight’s game against the Chicago Blackhawks, the Kings are a combined 70-7 in Game 7s, per LA Kings Insider.
That history makes it easy for this team to feel confident going into this contest. Of course, they’re also respectful of the fact that the Blackhawks aren’t your typical opponent.
“(Chicago) has proven that they’re a winning team and winners in the past and it makes it that much tougher for us,” Kings defenseman Drew Doughty said after calling the Blackhawks a better team that their previous 2014 postseason adversaries. “We have to have our best effort. That’s it.”
Doughty is personally 3-0 in Game 7s with a goal and two assists. One more win and the 24-year-old will play in the Stanley Cup Final for the second time in just three years.
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 15
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 13
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 7
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8