Jun 1, 2014, 4:56 PM EDT
If there’s one thing the Los Angeles Kings are unfamiliar with, it’s losing in a Game 7. We already mentioned that Kings forwards Marian Gaborik, Mike Richards, and Justin Williams are all a perfect 6-0 when it comes to Game 7s, but that’s just the tip of the iceberg.
Going into tonight’s game against the Chicago Blackhawks, the Kings are a combined 70-7 in Game 7s, per LA Kings Insider.
That history makes it easy for this team to feel confident going into this contest. Of course, they’re also respectful of the fact that the Blackhawks aren’t your typical opponent.
“(Chicago) has proven that they’re a winning team and winners in the past and it makes it that much tougher for us,” Kings defenseman Drew Doughty said after calling the Blackhawks a better team that their previous 2014 postseason adversaries. “We have to have our best effort. That’s it.”
Doughty is personally 3-0 in Game 7s with a goal and two assists. One more win and the 24-year-old will play in the Stanley Cup Final for the second time in just three years.
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 0
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 23
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 5
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25